Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Distance selling laws and downloaded software??
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m just wondering how the distance selling law applies to downloaded software? AFAIK – when you buy something on the net – you have 7 days to return it – does this apply to to downloaded software – e.g. the App store?

allthegear
    Free Member

No – it doesn’t I’m afraid.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Oh poo! !! (why not?)

DezB
    Free Member

Cos you can copy it

Cougar

why not?

You know, that’s a really good question.

I don’t know for certain, but I’d guess that the whole point of the DSRs is to allow you time to inspect goods. With a download, there’s no “goods” per sé; you’d “inspect” your prospective purchase with a demo / trial of the software or a 30sec clip of a song before purchase.

Maybe.

Cougar

Cos you can copy it

Theoretically, that shouldn’t be a reason now, due to DRM etc. Theoretically.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not something you can “return” though is it. “Here’s your file back”!

chvck
    Free Member

How does the seller know that you’ve removed the software from your machine?

DezB
    Free Member

That’s what I mean!

D0NK

Does sound like digital stuff is special case, I can kinda see why with potential copying but doubt that most piraters nip down to game make a copy then try to take it back.

Does beg the question what happens when you download/buy the latest title that’s had a crap port to PC, buggy as hell constant CTDs, all but unplayable til the first patch comes out several months later. Bit screwed then ain’t you?

DezB
    Free Member

I have emailed a company and got a refund for downloaded software. Was years ago though and certainly wasn’t Apple!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Distance selling laws and downloaded software??’ is closed to new replies.