Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • dissertation help
  • jessball
    Free Member

Hiya Guys.

I am currently in progress of doing a dissertation for the University of Derby. The study title is …. Mountain biker’s risk of injury in relation to their percieved ability. In order to complete this study I need people to fill in a questionnaire.

It won’t take long to fill out but would be a great help and very appreciated.

If you are intrested in taking part could you please email me on ….. jessicaball_mbs@yahoo.co.uk
    I will then send you the questionnaire and consent form to fill out.

Thanks for your time,
    Jess

Junkyard
    Free Member

would get more response if you do an online survey monkey one tbh as it is easier for us all to do this

you can e-mail me – in profile

Onzadog
    Free Member

Survey monkey is a good idea. We see quite a few requests like this on the forum. Would also be interesting to know what course you’re doing and what your hypothesis is.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Is it MTB are really lazy when it comes to filing out surveys 😉

jessball
    Free Member

Yes i am going to do that too. I am just trying to get as many people from all angles to do it.

The course I am going is … Outdoor activities leadership and coaching (BA).

My hypothesis is ….. The higher the perception of ability the higher the risk of injury.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting, although my first thoughts are its more about the gap between perception and actual ability and as actual ability increases, the likelihood doesn’t increase but the severity does.

Feel free to send one over. Email in profile.

SaxonRider

Send me one too. E-mail in profile.

bokonon
    Free Member

Is it MTB are really lazy when it comes to filing out surveys

I think the survey thing is pretty universal – of my students, I would guess that a survey monkey type approach will get 10x the number of responses to an e-mail or traditional paper filling approach – that said, not all questions can be put properly in a survey monkey type system, and the data isn’t always ‘better’ overall, and they need to learn more about cleaning the data up to make it relevant for drawing conclusions upon.

geoffj

I’ll fill in a survey monkey one as long as you promise to share the results / report with us.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s a good point. We’ve almost all filled these out at some point but when did we last get feedback?

jessball
    Free Member

The trouble with survey monkey is that you cannot add a consent form onto it which is needed as rules set by the university.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m game. Email in profile.

wwaswas

The higher the perception of ability the higher the risk of injury.

I’m crap, I know I’m crap and still get injured all the time 🙁

Cougar

Why would anyone fill in a questionnaire and not consent to the data being analysed?

Do you want to do a “people are bloody weird” survey?

tiggs121
    Free Member

aye – ok wkdodds@gmail.com

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Replied to yr email

geoffj

jessball – Member
    The trouble with survey monkey is that you cannot add a consent form onto it which is needed as rules set by the university.

So you add a series of questions at the start of the survey that provide the boiler plate text and required answers for the consent requirements.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah go on then, last few days in this job so looking for diversions.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘dissertation help’ is closed to new replies.