Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Dissapointed Day
  • yetidave
    Free Member

first fail to even get an interview for a job which was made for me, then find out that we have been unsuccessful in getting tickets to walk over the new Forth Crossing before they open it. Grumpy now.

Stoner
    Free Member

Found out why my tooth had felt odd for the last few days when I managed to pull half of it off this morning. Evidently it had been broken for a while.

Then found out an acquaintance (schoolfriend of my brother) is about to get send down having pleaded guilty to a series of sex offences involving minors.

Strange day. Strange day.

If it’s any consolation, Dave, no job is ever like it’s description.

onandon
    Free Member

Can’t bleed my xtr rear brake. Spongy lever and I’ve only used the bike once 🙁

Unpacked my new dji Spark this afternoon and can’t set up the controller 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

Evans called at 10am – My broken Reverb has been so neglected (by me) that Evans won’t even send it to Sram to be inspected.

Then spent 2 hours in the hot sweaty Van to do a simple job on behalf of the Techies in work, only to find it wasn’t simple, didn’t need to be done on-site and got back to the office a sweaty mess to find them kicking about chatting.

Then spent my lunchbreak getting my hair cut, Barber trimmed my eyebrows, I quite like the result, I didn’t even know eyebrow trimming was a thing, and it’s the first hair cut after my 40th birthday – made me feel old. I’ll need it done every time now, at least whilst I’ve still got hair I guess.

Still, feeling pretty positive today.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure I won’t be the only one disappointed with the spelling in the title.
    Minor blip in comparison.

molgrips
    Free Member

My broken Reverb has been so neglected (by me) that Evans won’t even send it to Sram to be inspected.

What’s wrong with it? I’ll have a look/take it off your hands if it’s toast. I like fixing things.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m not sure the Day is disappointed, it may be a little subdued yes but disappointed?

My Tea has just gone cold, having had a meeting for the last 2hrs (that was scheduled to last 45mins)

That’s disappointing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

@molgrips

Dirt / grit ingress has eaten the stanchion:

Evans says it’s a write-off, needs a rebuild, plus top collar and stanction which costs more than the post.

Reverb guy at Ps cycles says polish the stanction, rebuild and top collar if I can’t live with the play and/or the seal can’t be saved.

It’s due back in the next couple of days – I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet, but if I’m getting rid you can have it.

I’ve got a Shimano Pro dropper coming

Klunk
    Free Member

first fail to even get an interview for a job which was made for me

even more annoying when the job still hasn’t been filled 8 months later 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

I failed to get a job where I knew the other guy who’d been hired and he vouched for me; the job requires rare skills in which there are only a few people in the UK and I work for the people that own the tech; and I’ve done very similar before.

It would have left me £150k richer over two years. ****

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s due back in the next couple of days – I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet, but if I’m getting rid you can have it.

I’ll take it and have a go – thanks. Bring it on the group ride 🙂

footflaps

Found out why my tooth had felt odd for the last few days when I managed to pull half of it off this morning. Evidently it had been broken for a while.

I had that, bit into a peanut butter sandwich and half a molar came out – completely painless. Dentist was most surprised at it had been 100% OK (or looked so) at previous visit. Had to have lover half pulled out.

Stoner
    Free Member

My dentist had done a running repair on this one a few years ago I think. Time for a crown this time.

Missing teeth really muck up your sense of well-being and calm.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Had to have lover half pulled out.

Bet he was furious.

jekkyl

My facebook feed informed me that one of Uni friends has died, aged just 41. Keeled over whilst playing football! He was mad on DnB when we were all into house and he was very tight with his weed. lol. Goodbye Bruce.

yetidave
    Free Member

first hair cut after my 40th birthday

mine included eyebrows AND ears.

SaxonRider

Barber trimmed my eyebrows

😯

If anyone’s eyebrows needed trimming, it would be mine, but I wasn’t aware that people had such things done!

Wouldn’t it just make them look like you’d held a lighter to them?

P-Jay
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member

Barber trimmed my eyebrows

If anyone’s eyebrows needed trimming, it would be mine, but I wasn’t aware that people had such things done!

Wouldn’t it just make them look like you’d held a lighter to them?

It was Whitchurch Village, the Lady Barber sort of said “eyebrows?” and being the non-confronational, postive chap I am I just said “erm yes pleae” she used a comb in place of one of those grade things and ran the clippers over them – I’ve basically got a No 0.5 set of brows now.

redthunder
    Free Member

My eyebrows stick out the sides, not unlike a cat 😉

I use them for knowing if I can fit between trees in the woods when riding 🙂

kayak23

I’m in the age bracket for a new health check scheme so off I went to my doctors today.

Found out I’m shorter than I thought, fatter than I thought, bmi is too high, as is cholesterol.

Shoot me now… 😐

deadkenny
    Free Member

P-Jay – Member 

@molgrips

Dirt / grit ingress has eaten the stanchion:

Evans says it’s a write-off, needs a rebuild, plus top collar and stanction which costs more than the post.

Mine’s like that and a friend has similar.

Cause is most likely bushing gone and play in it allows dirt to get in and scratch it. Fix – replace top collar and maybe general service. The rub probably won’t be much more than a cosmetic issue, but to fix that then yes a stanchion to make it look nice. Not required probably.

At least that’s my gamble as I’ve got the same in one of mine. I’m going to get a top collar (£30 from TF Tuned) and maybe the basic service kit (£14). DIY. Standard tools, maybe a vice, plus circlip pliers generally all you need. Probably don’t even need to bleed it unless the lever is not doing its job properly.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve applied for my old job back.

Closing date for applications was 6th June – still not heard if I’ve made it to interview.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s cos you grew up in Canada. Check shirt, baseball cap and neatly trimmed eyebrows? Bit improbable.

molgrips
    Free Member

Standard tools, maybe a vice, plus circlip pliers generally all you need.

Ssh.. don’t tell him how to fix it or he won’t give it to me 😉

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Could be worse, could get an interview, write a brilliant presentation for it, boss the interview, be told you would hear about it on Tuesday, chase it today to find out you didn’t get it…

Cougar

first fail to even get an interview for a job which was made for me

Rubbish CV? We can help.

Found out I’m shorter than I thought, fatter than I thought, bmi is too high, as is cholesterol.

Isn’t that basically every man in the Western world over 30?

CountZero

Shoot me now…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Dissapointed Day’ is closed to new replies.