Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Displaying Strava data on a bar mounted device
  • docgeoffyjones

I use my phone for tracking my rides and HRM and was wondering if there was a cheap way of displaying my Strava data on a second bar mounted device mainly I want to show my speed.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

define cheap?

i’ve got a garmin 520, does all of the above and more…. there was one for sale on here recently for £160, which is cheap for what it is

scotroutes

Just buy a cheap bicycle computer.

jonnyboi

If you just want to show speed why not get a cheap wireless computer from decathlon, prob around 15 quid.

Is there any particular reason why you want to show the actual strava estimated speed?

A garmin is an expensive option and it will be the primary recording device which you then use to upload the data to strava, it still wont mirror the data your phone will record if it is using the strava app to record the same ride.

petec
    Free Member

sounds like a job for the Wahoo RFLKT

To quote “Keep your smartphone safely tucked in your jersey pocket and access all of your App data from your bars. RFLKT displays speed, distance, time, heart rate, and other sensor data reflected from your smartphone.”

Course, you might as well just go for its bigger brother and get the automatic uploads etc. It’s generally uploaded the ride to Strava before I’ve got my shoes off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Garmin 200

jonnyboi

petec – Member

sounds like a job for the Wahoo RFLKT

hope he’s got an iphone

Please note this product CANNOT directly stream data to Strava on an Android device

petec
    Free Member

true – and as it’s not on the Wahoo website anymore I’m guessing it’s been superseded by the Elemnt.

docgeoffyjones

By cheap I was thinking about £30 I already have a Heart rate monitor to work with my phone and the GPS is fine. since I take it with me anyway it seems silly to pay £100+ to replicate this. I was thinking of buying a basic cycle computer but wondered if anything existed that would link to my phone so I did not have to mount a wheel sensor.

petec
    Free Member

I think with the computers at that sort of price is that (even at Decathlon) they’re not Bluetooth or ANT+. Technology is obviously still too expensive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sellotape a cheap netbook to your bars ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Displaying Strava data on a bar mounted device’ is closed to new replies.