Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • displaying laptop on projector – usb -> hdmi adaptor??
  • alfabus
    Free Member

My little netbook doesn’t have an HDMI out, but I’d quite like to be able to plug it into my AV amp, so I can play stuff like the MTB world cup on my projector.

Anyone used one of these?
    http://www.cables-leads.co.uk/usb-to-hdmi-tv-cable-kit-full-1080p-hd-with-audio

If it does what it says it does, it should be perfect, but you never can tell with these things.

Cheers,
    Dave

IA

They’re pretty CPU intensive those (basically it’s emulating a connected screen, and compressing to send it over USB) so you might struggle a bit on a netbook CPU…

alfabus
    Free Member

good point… it struggles to display it on its own screen, so would almost definitely struggle to do it all again!

might have to buy another laptop for these purposes… or a little media pc that stays plugged into the amp full time.

Dave

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

Change AV amp – I chose an Onkyo specifically to upscale from the computer (and other sources) to HDMI for projector and plasma purposes. Now Son1 wants to sit on the sofa to do his homework but NEEDS the PJ because the plasma is “just a little too small” 🙄

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘displaying laptop on projector – usb -> hdmi adaptor??’ is closed to new replies.