Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • display plane crash at Car fest North
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Plane crashes at CarFest in Cheshire – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-33748256

This happened at around 14:00 this afternoon, by all account the pilot avoided the event and crashed into an adjacent field near some stables about a mile from my house!

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

I heard it above my shop – did think it was flying a little low – then saw the BBC report.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrOvershoot

Sadly it’s national & Local news now.
    Thoughts go out out the relatives as he apparently had a young family

bruk

Very sad. Was at Carfest, 1/2 watching the display and wrangling the kids then looked up and there was a very large black plume of oily smoke and only 1 plane. Pretty sombre mood for the rest of the afternoon especially around the Royal Navy Search and Rescue helicopter the kids were climbing over.

Thoughts to his young family.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Like bruk I was there. Was very strange immediately after. I said to the Mrs that something didn’t look right as we lost sight of it behind a tree, then there was the cloud of smoke.

Rip.

Russell96

I was there too watching the display as I was eating lunch, he didn’t remain in a sweeping curve but levelled out then seemed to flip to one side to almost upside down, the disappeared beyond the trees. 10 seconds later this big almost mushroom cloud of black oily smoke appeared no noise just that, the whole site seemed to go silent. Looked to me like he tried to aim away from the event then when the plane flipped it was too late for him to eject.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Very sad.

The video footage on the bbc site, from the way it rolls/pitches, it looks like he has little control. Poor guy.

nemesis
    Free Member

Very sad news. RIP

Double Boat Race winner for Cambridge as the cox

marcus7
    Free Member

I was on the way to winford tip when it happened, didn’t see the plane but knew there was something major as the blues and twos were coming from every direction. Later saw three forensic vans on the way there so knew it was bad :(.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve many friends who were there and they said that it was quite shocking.
    Turns out the pilot was the son of my MIL’s friend 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘display plane crash at Car fest North’ is closed to new replies.