Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dispatches – Channel 4. How the Rich Get Richer.
  • jamj1974

Doesn’t surprise me at all… No political party is interested in real change and redistribution of wealth or equality of opportunity.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is it because poor people are lazy and smell?

jamj1974

Don’t think so…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Coffee, white, 2 sugars & some custard creams for me for this one.

footflaps

Channel 4 is really into this Rich thing, we had How rich are you last week and now ‘the poor are lazy and smell’ this week….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coffee, white, 2 sugars & some custard creams for me for this one.

How frightfully non-U.

😉

jamj1974

I love a custard cream!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

footflaps, don’t take my synopsis as true (it’s also because they are all fat)

footflaps

footflaps, don’t take my synopsis as true

I was quite convinced there for a minute. At least it made the economics simple for once, no complicated socio-economic factors, just the fact they smell of wee….

jamj1974

mikewsmith – Member
    Is it because poor people are lazy and smell

David Cameron your STW nom de plume is toast.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No political party is interested in real change and redistribution of wealth or equality of opportunity.

Well the Tories, New Labour, and the LibDems aren’t, but you wouldn’t expect them to be, would you ?

The Labour Party once had a firm policy of “fundamental and irreversible shift in the balance of power and wealth in favour of working people and their families” but that was ditched when right-wing extremists seized power and embraced policies more appealing to Rupert Murdoch.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Labour Party once had a firm policy of “fundamental and irreversible shift in the balance of power and wealth in favour of working people and their families” but that was ditched when right-wing extremists seized power and embraced policies more appealing to Rupert Murdoch.

Also when they found not enough people would vote for them pitching that policy, so I guess the blame lies with the voting population of the UK too.

Stoner
    Free Member

Fraser Nelson is one of my heros. Not to everyone’s liking, certainly not those on the left.
    But he does try and take care to study the numbers first.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9368882/marriage-is-becoming-a-preserve-of-the-rich/

He did an article in this weeks spectator covering the program ^ does it work for you guys? If not I can copy&paste the text.

jamj1974

Also when they found not enough people would vote for them pitching that policy, so I guess the blame lies with the voting population of the UK too.

Yep and yep.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dispatches – Channel 4. How the Rich Get Richer.’ is closed to new replies.