Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Disneyland California – do they check child ages of those under three?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Going tomorrow (I know, not trying to brag 😉 ) with our two girls (just turned three) – if we have to pay then fair enough, but it would be nice to get away with free entrance for them (under threes go free) but don’t want hassle at the gate over it.

Ta.

Ohh, and Happy Holidays. 🙂

robbo
    Free Member

Christmas spirit at its best! You’ll fit right in.

johndoh
    Free Member

Absolutely – give a multi-national organisation $80 per child for a bunch of stuff they won’t be able to experience plus another $87 each for me and my wife even though all we’ll be doing is pushing them around etc . Yes I want to save money if I can.

Next?

robbo
    Free Member

Ha. Remind me why you’re going again please. If you don’t want to pay don’t go. Your choice.

Have a good time. You’ll love it.

totalshell

” give a multi national $80 per kid for a bunch of stuff they wont be able to experience”
    So why are you taking them.. leave them at lost property and you and your wife wont have to do the ”pushing them around etc” and they wont know any different..

shifter
    Free Member

all we’ll be doing is pushing them around etc

Sounds great!
    Disney at Christmas? You could be skiing in the Alps for less surely?

fubar
    Free Member

Jeez and it sounded such a reasonable question to me (sorry I don’t know the answer)
    Hope you have a good holiday

jota180
    Free Member

do they check child ages of those under three?

and how would they do that?

You’ll be fine I reckon

mtbfix

I have a 3 year old and briefly wondered whether I should try and wing it a bit with the various activities we do that are free or cheaper for under 3s. However I came to the conclusion that it basically amounts to theft of sorts and so I pay up. Do the right thing and pay for the goods and services you use.

TooTall
    Free Member

$80 per child for a bunch of stuff they won’t be able to experience plus another $87 each for me and my wife even though all we’ll be doing is pushing them around etc . Yes I want to save money if I can.

Go and push them around another random place where they can’t do things and buy some age appropriate activities with the money you saved.

HTH

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just make sure you can convincingly reel off their dates of birth which make them 3 or younger. It will be even funnier if your 4 year old catches you out and tells the ticket attendant.. “No Daddy.. im 4 not 3” and you get refused entry

johndoh
    Free Member

FYI – we are going because we are going as a big group (surprise family birthday party for someone that lives out here) and we are going for the older children in the group. The 7 yr olds will love every minute, our two might get to go on a couple of rides…

Thanks for the advice anyway 🙁

br
    Free Member

Are you staying in Disney ‘Prison’ too?

I worked for a while in Orlando and that was what the locals’ called it, as every $ went to Disney.

TIP – for those slightly under the height restriction, buff up their hair and put a cap on them; and for one ride I put my foot at the height chart and my son stood on it 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

No – staying well away – this is just the one day out for the kids 🙂

Nobby

If Orlando’s anything to go by you will need I.D. to get your passes and then have your fingerprints scanned so that only you can use the things.

shifter
    Free Member

“FYI – we are going because we are going as a big group (surprise family birthday party for someone that lives out here) and we are going for the older children in the group. The 7 yr olds will love every minute, our two might get to go on a couple of rides…”

Oh now you give us the full tale 🙂
    You’ll be singing “it’s a small world after allllll” for days afterwards. I know I did after Paris this year. Me and (paid for) 3yo went on it four times.

restless
    Free Member

I took my son this year at age 2, so he was free anyway, but he was big for his age, no one asked for any id.

I just scanned my own ticket and fingerprint and wheeled him through in his buggy.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well just got back – in at 8am, back to the apartment at 12pm. Sensory onslaught from start to finish ( including the insane LA Freeways). We didn’t pay for them and thankfully not – spent the entrance fee all over again anyway on parking, buggy hire, food, treats, toys….

Got to say its pretty impressive – couldn’t manage another day though!

theotherjonv

amateur

we took our girls to Florida parks this Feb, culmination of a few years saving! And did 10 theme parks in 10 days. 4 Disneys, 2 Universals, Seaworld, and then back to our favourites again.

Most exhausting holiday I’ve ever had!

Nobby

amateur

we took our girls to Florida parks this Feb, culmination of a few years saving! And did 10 theme parks in 10 days. 4 Disneys, 2 Universals, Seaworld, and then back to our favourites again.

Most exhausting holiday I’ve ever had!

Sounds familiar. Even using the water parks as a ‘rest day’ was knackering. 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

It will be even funnier if your 4 year old catches you out and tells the ticket attendant.. “No Daddy.. im 4 not 3” and you get refused entry

Children are never too young to learn to lie :/

stumpyjon

Ditto about it being knackering, did Orlando in June, just the Disney Parks for 14 nights. Going to Turkey next year and don’t intend to move from next to the pool for the fortnight.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Disneyland California – do they check child ages of those under three?’ is closed to new replies.