Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dismantling/selling log cabin?
  • lcj

We have a large log cabin in our garden which was there when we bought the place and now doesn’t really fit with our plans.

Does anyone know if there is market for these things secondhand (other than ebay?). It’s a sturdy looking thing and I would say better than the usual. It’s 9x3m (logs are 90mm thick), triple glazed and with a bathroom. It’s forming a pretty nice man cave at the moment but probably too nice.

I’m reluctant to go on ebay with it just yet as I don’t know what it’s worth and I would think dismantling/transporting it is a job for someone with skills!

All help and points appreciated. I’ve emailed a few of the common names (e.g. Dunster) for their thoughts.

michaelbowden

Where are you based?

welshfarmer

pics and location would help those of us on here who might be interested in giving an informed decision

lcj

Surrey, near j9 M25

lcj

Will sort some pics tomorrow, although hadn’t intended this to be a back door classified ad so sorry if not offends the mods!

michaelbowden

Pics please to the email in my profile. Also near junct 9

spacemonkey

Am interested as just down the road from you.

Pics please to ns28uk yahoo co uk

Cheers

lcj

Sure, will be in touch with both of you

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pics too, moving house and the misus keeps looking at log cabins for the new garden!

lcj

Pics sent to all who requested them

Thanks

choppersquad
    Free Member

I would say yes, judging on the replies, there definitely is a market for log cabins.

convert

You appear to be dismantling and giving away every mans perfect man cave. I hope there is an alternative.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

don’t forget, you may well be left with a massive slab of concrete under it that’s going to require a fair bit of effort get rid of

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The Secretary of State for Fun Abatement has decreed that it’s too big 🙁

A little bit of me just died.

andyl
    Free Member

just realised you said 9x3m! I would love to take it off your hands but don’t have the room until we buy our own land.

the easiest way to move it might be for someone to bite the bullet and get it lifted as a whole after all the interior stuff has been removed. Would need some sort of lifting frame and stick it onto the back of a low loader.

I dismantled a regular 16x10ft (so about half the length) workshop and put the panels onto a car trailer to move them. That was a ball-ache enough to do and put back up so for this I would rather just pay someone to pick it up and shift it.

Any signs it may have been delivered whole and lifted into place? Maybe some locations to slide steel beams across the width for lifting?

spchantler
    Free Member

i used to fit these for a living, email if you want advice. personally i’d say buyer to arrange dismantling and transport

footflaps

How much for P&P?

spacemonkey

I kept getting a “Sorry, but your Gmail account is temporarily unavailable” every time I tried viewing/download an image. The account I used is Yahoo so not sure if you provided links to images via Google+ or similar? Bottom line is I can’t see anything.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m reluctant to go on ebay with it just yet as I don’t know what it’s worth and I would think dismantling/transporting it is a job for someone with skills!

Put it on eBay and get buyer to dismantle.

You can have that for free :mrgreen:

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dismantling/selling log cabin?’ is closed to new replies.