Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Disk brake squeal fast becoming the bain of my life
  • Help me peeps, my first post this. No matter how I adjust, clean, prune and swear I can't stop my front disk brake from squeaking. I've got Tektro Auriga comp, hydraulic, dual piston, cold forged (copied from my spec)

The worst thing is it never made a noise until I removed the front wheel. Iv even taken it to a bike shop and he confirmed the disk isn't bent and didn't know what to suggest. The brakes are only 3 months old btw

MSP

I had this problem with shimano xt brakes, rotors were fine, set up with feeler gauges so they wre perfectly aligned still squeeled like a piggy. Swapped the pads for EBC after two sets of shimano, no more problems.
    Can only sumize that the shimano pad material just wasn#t right and that it gripped released griped released very quickly therefore causing vibration.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Tektro Auriga comp

Ah yes. I got some of these as a budget option and they're really good brakes in the dry but in the wet? Oh sweet jesus! They squeal like a stuck pig on a ghost train.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Disk brake squeal fast becoming the bain of my life’ is closed to new replies.