Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Disk Brake conversion, or new rim brake wheels?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought an old Kona to use as a singlespeed/hack/winter bike. Turns out that not only are the hubs to narrow, but also they’re are shot to pieces. I’ve tried using spacers to make the axle fit, and a hub overhall, but I’m having to face the fact that they are totally goosed…

So now I’m assessing my options – I have a couple of sets of disk wheels in the house, plus an old set of disk brakes.If I could in some way convert the frame and forks to disk compatible then jobs a good un. I know I can get a frame adapter for the disk mount, but what are my options for the fork?

Alternatively where do I get a set of disk rims in this day and age that aren’t off a halfords special? Prefered option is convert to disk, but cost is a consideration if its going to cost me a fortune.

Any input is appreciated

ta

wwaswas

If you have Shimano hubs I have a converter that’ll likely work. £15 posted

One of these

This is for the frame, not Forks.

And needs a Frame with horizontal dropouts.

amedias
    Free Member

Decent rim brake rims are readily available from exactly the same places you would buy disk rims, your lbs or favourite online retailer, there’s also shed loads of decent rim brake wheels in the second hand market and often for peanuts due to most people thinking disk brakes are an absolute requirement for pootling to the shops and back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Disk Brake conversion, or new rim brake wheels?’ is closed to new replies.