Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Disintegrating brake pads
  • tomd
    Free Member

I’ve always been a staunch defender of a certain brand of pads, but this was quite exciting:

ichabod
    Free Member

Yeah – not all pads are created equal! Had terrible experience with pads from Discobrakes.com – one did just the same as yours and a couple just crumbled after a few months!

andybrad

im currently moving wholesale back to oem pads. Never ever had an issue with oem but pads with paint on that stick in the calipers, poor pad materials and non consistent brakes make me think that spending double is worth it.

Northwind

I’ve had something pretty similiar with Shimano OEM- not quite the whole pad but a big chunk, it unbonded at one end then braking forces broke it. And a (er, I think) ebc motorbike pad, that was exciting. And you can find examples of it with most manufacturers, I get the feeling it’s something that just happens to brake pads sometimes.

Probably more with some than others though 😉

reedspeed
    Free Member

Uberbike are mint !,great feel ,great service and the right £ !,IMO .

Yetiman
    Free Member

My first Uberbike pad experience hasn’t been great. I had to take a Stanley knife to them to trim away excess pad material and glue just to get the retainer to fit. Performance is ok though.

Northwind

I threw my racematrixes in the bin, they just didn’t seem to be up for hard use. Shame as they were really good for the xc stuff I’d done, excellent feel etc.

reedspeed
    Free Member

That’s throuble when stuffs mass produced ,now & again you do get failures,however they should increase there QC process along with production,particularly when it comes to
    Something like brakes…you would think !..

reedspeed
    Free Member

My pal swears by Clarkes organic,he’s got an alpine 160 he’s a big hitter & uses it in the alps the lot & thinks they’re great in hope m4’s,each to there own I say !.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Never had any trouble with Discobrakes.com sintered on both my XT and Hope brakes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Disintegrating brake pads’ is closed to new replies.