Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dishwashers…any knowledgable types in?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Specifically a Candy Cdi4545. Got it 2nd hand from work*, just plumbed it in and it doesn’t work.
    Lights come on, irritating beep sounds, but it never starts the wash cycle.
    Only warning light is the rinse aid light, but it should still run shouldn’t it?
    Cheers!

*mentioned as I know it was working

philbert31
    Free Member

Either the water isolator isn’t on or the waste may be blocked?

DezB
    Free Member

Water supply definitely on. Will check waste.
    Thanks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

looks ok. maybe it died in transport.. can’t change program.. won’t start. Oh well, it was free.

globalti
    Free Member

See my ad two days ago; we have a hot-fill Indesit for washing brake pads that also works very well on dishes, crockery and cutlery. Almost new, spotless condition, £95 buyer collects or can deliver Lancashire.

stevied
    Free Member
    stevomcd
    Free Member

Something jammed in the pump impeller? Could easily have happened in transit and produces exactly these symptoms.

Easy to fix – just take the pump cover off and remove the object.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing’s ever easy! This thing has a million screws round the case… Now hunting for the pump

BigJohn

There’s a float switch in a reservoir which catches drips and leaks on a lot of dishwashers. When the drip tray is full the float cuts off the inlet valve to stop flooding the floor. If you turn the whole thing upside down than back upright it may be fine. It worked for me until the drip got too regular so I drilled a hole in the bottom of the reservoir and made sure i mopped the floor whenever it started to look wet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dishwashers…any knowledgable types in?’ is closed to new replies.