• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cb.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dishwashers – any one on here fix them for a living?
  • cb

No jokes about the wife required please. Indisit model, about 3 years old, not heavy use. Lights come on as usual but doesn’t start when the door is closed. A puddle of mucky water has been left in the bottom. Filter has been cleaned.

Any ideas – pump perhaps?

Thanks

Konastoner
    Free Member

Does it give 3 or 4 error beeps after 2-3 minutes? If it does then it’ll be the water solenoid valve. My indesit failed after 2 years with this issue, fairly common and simple to fix.

VanMan
    Free Member

This lot are usually helpful helped me fix ours.

wwaswas

ours does that when it can’t pump out. It’s usually rice in the pipes as it seems to bypass the filter. I just stick something thin and flexible up the outlet from the ‘sump’ to clear it and then run it empty a few times.

TooTall
    Free Member

I had a similar problem a couple of times. Something got past the filters and was stopping the extractor sucking the last of the water out, so never letting it drain. Get the puddle of water drained and get in to the sump. The manual probably has a few diagrams.

cb

The link from vanman seems spot on – the very same symptoms at least – will give it a try.

Thanks all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dishwashers – any one on here fix them for a living?’ is closed to new replies.