Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dishwasher woes – any quick suggestions?
  • munkster
    Free Member

OK – got a slimline Indesit dishwasher. It decided that it didn’t want to drain last night and leaked out the front about a cup of water’s worth. When opened there was about an inch of water left in the bottom, not draining.

Presume there’s a cloggage somewhere, do I need to get a professional or are there any MTFU options I can attempt myself? 🙂

Cheers!

nickjb
    Free Member

There should be filter where the water drains out, accessed from the inside. Should come out easily. Give it a good scrub. If that is OK then have a prod around with thew drain hose on the back.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Also worth pulling the drain hose out the elevated U bend thingy and blowing back down it with a bike pump in case you have a blockage. Do this with the filter out. Might be a little rubber flap non return valve by the filter as well.

project
    Free Member

Customer had a new dishwasher , put it on when he went to the shop , brand new, the instaler not me, had left a small plastic bit in the drain hose, the thing just filled with water and when he opened the door the water fell out .
    check the outlet hose, and drain.

bigG
    Free Member

Had the same problem a while back, and fixed it myself. The Mrs was very impressed!

Remove all the baskets and whirly watery bits, there should be a filter in the bottom, remove it, below that there will be a cover for the impeller motor that drains the system. remove the cover and make sure there’s nothing blocking it. Make sure the blades are free to spin (in our case a lemon pip had got stuck). Give it all a good flush with hot water and a LITTLE fairy liquid.

Put it all back together, run a dishwasher cleaner through it, and Robert is your father’s brother.

G

Hohum
    Free Member

Similar to what bigG has said, rather ours was caused by a piece of ceramic from a mug rather than a lemon pip.

singletracksurfer

got the same one and have the same problem every now and again.

As bigG says remove all the filters and clean out. I often also need to get a bit of wire or similar to poke down the hole down there to dislodge ‘stuff’ to clear it. Easy enough to do yourself though and good little earner of ‘manly points’.

stuey
    Free Member

A pancake lemon pip jammed our drainage impeller – 30 mins with a ladle and screwdriver to bail and fix.

How it got through two filters I’ll never know.

munkster
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for all the suggestions. Will give the above suggestions a go tomorrow now, cheers team!!!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Took out. Laid on side. Removed piece of mussel shell.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher woes – any quick suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.