• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dishwasher recomendations
  • dawson

Currently got an Indesit, looks like its died.

Worth spending a bit more to get the cheapest Bosch?

just get a cheap Beko and expect it to die?

Anybody heard of Gorenje?
    http://www.gorenje.co.uk/products/dishwashers/models/dishwashers

Miele too expensive

cranberry
    Free Member

I would discount Beko simply on the number of people that have died from having their appliances in their homes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Meile are very good but a luxury purchase which will not last 2/3 times longer than a Bosch or Siemens (on that note look at Siemens)

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Just make sure you get one with a separate upper cutlery tray. Siemens Miele etc

jambalaya
    Free Member

^ we’ve had both types – top level cuttelty tray and normal basket. Both seem to work equally well

dawson

Cheers, just had a look at Siemens, and they are similarly priced to Miele – i.e. too spendy

Can just about justify a Bosch at around £360

Are Smeg any good or are they just re-labelled from another manufacturer?

monkeychild
    Free Member

If it was my money, I wouldn’t buy Smeg. I had a freestanding Hotpoint and it was brilliant, we moved into this house that has Smeg everywhere (including dishwasher) and I am underwhelmed.

dawson

Cheers, Monkeychild, noted

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a John Lewis own brand. It’s 7 years old, used daily, very quiet and was cheap.

alpin
    Free Member

we got our Siemans 2nd hand for 260€… new it was over 700€. it was 18 months old when we got it.

needless to say it is quite good. when we first used it i didn’t believe it was on as it is so quiet, opened the door and got a facefull of water.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

The fitted dishwasher broke in my house the day after I moved in. Being skint I went with a Beko, thinking if it lasted 2 years I’d be happy. 4.5yrs later it’s still functioning perfectly. House not burned down

drlex
    Free Member

I’ll echo the above experience – expensive John Lewis-badged one failed in the first week; cheap integrated Beko fine for approx. four years before moving out. Have since bought both a washer & a drier for the new place on the back of the experience.

johndoh
    Free Member

We have had Smeg and Siemens ones, both died within a couple of years. A Kenwood one we had lasted about 4 years (might still be going but we left it when we moved house).

Currently have a cheapo Beko one – coming up two years old and it has been fine.

In my opinion all you buy with Bosch/Siemens/Smeg etc is a brand name, not any better cleaning quality/economy or reliability.

I have no idea about Miele though.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Don’t buy Smeg! Had only one but it never washed properly and died in under 2 years. Now got a basic Bosch that is on at least twice a day and has been great.

Drac

Bosch here it’s never faulted 6 years..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher recomendations’ is closed to new replies.