Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dishwasher problem – any ideas
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have a Siemens slimline dishwasher and over the last few washes there has been a froth at the end of the cycle. There has never been a mass foam-up to suggest that ordinary washing up liquid had accidentally been put in, just an inch or two at the bottom and a little over the dishes.

It appears to be washing/draining as normal and I have checked and cleaned the filters (and run through several rinses with no washing or detergent in) but it is still doing it.

Anyone have any idea about what it might be?

wwaswas

could it be froth coming back up the outlet pipe into the machine?

glenh
    Free Member

fairy jizz

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

could it be froth coming back up the outlet pipe into the machine?

And if it was – a blocked outlet?

wwaswas

well it could just be that soap bubbles are getting into your pipes from elsewhere (overenthusiastic hand washing up?) so a good flush through from other sources (washing machine?)

thinking about it this wouldn;t be terribly hygenic so there's probably a device in the machine to prevent it though?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

well it could just be that soap bubbles are getting into your pipes from elsewhere

It wouldn't be inconceivable as we have babies (and therefore lots of handwashing of bottles) but as you say – there must be a way of stopping this.

Getting some dishwasher cleaner and gonna run that through this afternoon.

mtbfix

Have you changed detergent recently?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Have you changed detergent recently?

We bought some Asda stuff (when our local store had run out of Finish Gel that we normally use) and used it once or twice only. The dates match up though…

grumm
    Free Member

I think you should hire a professional and stop dicking around.

Stealing food from the mouths of dishwasher engineers is really not on imo.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stealing food from the mouths of dishwasher engineers is really not on imo.

😆
    Our usual engineer says he gets fewer and fewer and fewer calls for repairs (its all just installations) as they are viewed as disposable nowadays. (He repairs our very expensive to replace built-in washer/condenser dryer).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's still doing it – done rinse after rinse, have run a cleaner through, poured oil in it (lots of forums suggest this) but it is still doing it! Is there an engineer out there that could suggest a possible cause/solution?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Divorce her?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well I think I have got to the bottom of the problem – on a detailed examination today I noticed the foam had a minty smell and was coming from the rinse aid compartment. I mentioned this to my wife and she remembered seeing the compartment lid open on the evening her mum babysat – it seems she refilled the rinse aid with our mint scented washing up liquid! I have just spent most of the morning sluicing the compartment with hot water and doing repeated washes with the lid open and it seems to be working.

Gawd!

timbur
    Free Member

LOL- god bless outlaws!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Shouldn't complain really – we need the babysitters 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher problem – any ideas’ is closed to new replies.