Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dishwasher Help
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I have a Smeg integrated Dishwasher (I didn’t buy it, it came with the house) and it’s started playing silly beggars leaking water and triggering the anti flood.
    The thing is that it’s very intermittent and it’s not leaking a massive amount (just enough to trigger the anti flood). The drain isn’t blocked and the filter is clear.
    I am no dishwasher expert, but I am happy taking things to bits to repair them. Where should I be looking first? (binning it isn’t an option at the moment)

russianbob
    Free Member

Get a dishwasher cleaning tablet and run it with one of those in. They are excellent at cleaning out all the old grease from the washer and the drain.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Oops! I should say that I run through dishwasher cleaner every month. This stuff Cleaner

I may try bicarb and vinegar in the outflow, before I start getting frisky with a screwdriver.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’ve located the leak to around the bottom of the door (see pic)

When running the machine the water flows into the rubber bit behind the door. This then rises and flows through the grey plastic bit in the bottom left hand corner (does the same on the right hand side too).

I am not 100% sure if this is a seal issue or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher Help’ is closed to new replies.