• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dishwasher-Fu
  • spw3

I’ve got chains and cassettes from 3 difffrent bikes that I want to put in the dishwasher. What’s the best way of keeping them all separate in the dishwasher?

Never done it before but am aware it gets them sparkly clean so quite excited 8)

malv173
    Free Member

What about using a different sock to put each of them in?

spw3

Would the stuff inside the sock still get clean? I mean I can imagine the sock would be pretty clean, mind!

scaredypants

They’re pretty heavy items; I’d expect them to stay where you put them

(ziptie through each cassette would hold them together if you feel the need)

malv173
    Free Member

I did wonder about that, but I reckon they would. I do like scaredypants’ idea though. They ain’t going anywhere, especially if you use the ziptie tip.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I don’t recall plates, cutlery etc moving around…

matt_outandabout

Is there a mrs_spw?

windydave13
    Free Member

Make sure it’s on a proper wash cycle. Last time I did this it was on eco mode so didn’t shift much

DickBarton

Unsure why you’d do that, the stuff in dishwasher tablets can be corrosive (it is what helps clean the stuff).

Citrus degreaser and a few minutes of effort and it’ll be reet!

spw3

Goood advice about the wash cycle.

As for Mrs spw3, although I would like to claim she is at her Pilates class and will find out about it when she gets back, she was actually the one who suggested I “ask The Boys”!

spw3

@DickBarton yes but I now have a dishwasher, I’ve never had one before and I just can’t resist.

cp

Never worked that will for me when I tried, but it was probably on an eco setting.

Hottest hardcore cycle probably the best..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher-Fu’ is closed to new replies.