• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by tang.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Discs (For those with a long memory, it used to mean something else…)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 Tushingham B52, too!

OCB
    Free Member

That kinda clip-on cover is still around in bike polo circles.

I always lusted after one of the Tioga (Sugino) Disk Drive wheels back in the day, in a kinda small-boy form over function kinda way.

Be quite a rare find now I’d have thought, given the death-rate amongst them, and their relatively short product lifespan (doubtless linked to the death-rate).

(Hmm, heads off to ebay to look anyway).

😉

MarkLG
    Free Member

The real deal:

m0rk
    Free Member

I used to have a cover for my old ‘time trial’ bike back when I was a juvenile.

Weighed in all at a bloody ton, but at 15 it was all I could afford – still took an average of 1.5mins off my 10 mile time though!

slackalice
    Free Member

I remember seeing and hearing them at my first ( and penultimate) XC race at the sports grounds in Southampton in ’89, they sounded harsh and heavy to me and I was totally besotted with my Bear Valley to find them anywhere near enough desirable, when there was so much ano purple stuff, girls and partying to spend my disposable and in disposable income on.. 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Johnny Rocks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Revolver (and Cosmic!) predated the Tioga disk by a few years, IIRC.

matt_outandabout

Tushingham 8)

Mainly from back in the day when I used Tushingham and Orange Sails. And the first MTB I ever rode was a clockwork up the hill and a B52 back down…

scaredypants

it was all about the stems back then – everything else was just window dressing

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I bought a tioga disk drive pro the week before last. Wheel build underway onto an xtr hub. I know it isn’t something I can ride hard, I had one on my amp B3 years ago and sure enough it didn’t last long but for those who’ve been riding for many years they are iconic history.

tang
    Free Member

I remember Dave Hemming with one at Malvern, sounded like a washing machine on the blink!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Discs (For those with a long memory, it used to mean something else…)’ is closed to new replies.