Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Discounts on Apple products?
  • lunge

Long shot, my Google skills have so far let me down so I thought it was worth asking here anyway.

Anyway, Apple stuff, the latest model, any where specific worth looking at that may have the odd discount? Alternatively, anyone got any voucher codes for Curry’s/John Lewis/etc?

jam-bo

befriend a student. 15-20% from memory with free applecare.

johndoh
    Free Member

Occasionally Quidco do some cashback but other than that you have to pay the same amount wherever you go.

Quidco appear to be offering 4% right now but that is due to expire soon (probably because their is about to be a new product launch)

johndoh
    Free Member

befriend a student.

Or befriend a small business owner who might be happy ‘buying’ one for the business and you pay them the cash (less VAT which they can reclaim)

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

there was an education discount a few years ago. Something like 20% off for teachers. IIRC you just needed a payslip from your school. Make friends with a teacher.

Make friends with a diplomat who doesn’t pay VAT. I did when my wife decided we needed Rimowa suitcases.

rossburton
    Free Member

The refurb range changes daily but the discounts can be substantial if you watch it. There is a link to the Refurb section on the apple store online at the bottom.

thecaptain
    Free Member

refurb or just buy 2nd hand – typing this on a 3yo macbook air bought about 2.5y ago on ebay for a substantial discount.

clodhopper
    Free Member

Apple will happily give a discount to anyone with even a vague connection to ‘education’; i.e; a student, teacher, lecturer, admin staff, technicians, even cleaners at educational facilities. All you have to do is prove you work/study at a recognised institution, and you’ll get the discount. In fact, often, you only have to be a relative of said person (you can buy it ‘for them’). Or even just living in the same household as them! Myself and 3 others got ‘educational discounts’ because just one of our flatmates was at uni. 😀

lunge

Hmm, as a man married to a teacher I can see this may well be the way forward!

Any idea on what kind of discount there is for those in education?

avdave2

The refurb range changes daily but the discounts can be substantial if you watch it.

We’ve just bought 7 Ipad Minis at work, Currys were offering £20 of each, just had to buy them individually online. Apple who we have an account with said they might be able to match the price with refurbished units! We usually try Apple first but it’s rare that it makes any real sense to use them.

GrahamA
    Free Member

What are you looking to buy, you may want to check macrumors prior buying anything, most of the laptops are due (overdue) a refresh

johndoh
    Free Member

Almost every single Mac we have at work is a refurb – I can’t see the point in getting anything else. The only one that isn’t was an emergency purchase when another was smashed and we needed a new one straight away.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

If you or your other half work for a major company have a look at your company perks policy, we have a group discount with loads of major company’s, my work mate bough his daughter a phone and the guy asked him if he was Apple staff as the discount % was near the same as his…

timmys

Any idea on what kind of discount there is for those in education?

Entirely depends what you are buying (and possible the education establishment). More for computers (maybe around 15%) than tablets (more like 5%).

As mentioned above you get 3 yr Applecare included with computers for free. They’ll still try and sell it to you, at a massive discount, but all you are getting for that is extended telephone support.

grievoustim
    Free Member

yes to company discounts

I get a discount on selected products direct from apple – but its a bit patchy and limited

Just realised that I can also get 10% off John Lewis vouchers – which = 10% off apple things bought at John Lewis

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Myself and 3 others and I got ‘educational discounts’

You’d have lost the discount if I was in charge!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above educational discount is by far the best deal available. Usually do a very good offer on Apple Care too.

ourmaninthenorth

Anyone who has had the (mis)fortune of dealing with Apple commercially* will tell you that, irrespective of their public and political position, they’ll look for any way to control the retail price. So don’t expect any discounts other than their education one or corporate schemes.

*they make Oracle look reasonable.

gaberin
    Free Member

The current student discount is 10% off, 50% off apple care and a free pair of Beats Solo 2 wireless headphones. (promotion ending today)
    Having spoken to someone online at apple it doesn’t look like they’ll be going back to the 15% off and free applecare deal unfortunately.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The refurb range changes daily but the discounts can be substantial if you watch it. There is a link to the Refurb section on the apple store online at the bottom.

Got mine through John Lewis several years back. Seemed a decent deal at the time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apple don’t do discounts @ourman and they do of course control pricing. Aside from student discounts which we used healthily whilst my kids where at school and uni the only other way to save is to buy abroad (eg US) and/or in tax free locations and bring the kit back into the UK. Runs a customs risk of course.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Discounts on Apple products?’ is closed to new replies.