Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discount car broker?
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

Has anyone bought a car from an online discount car broker? I am tempted by a price of £10.6k against a list price of £12.9k. No dealer is going to match that, are they?

wagenwheel

Just got 5k of a new, unregistered one of these…….. from my local main dealer 🙂 (last Month)

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Is that the Blingo? Which is what I’m looking for.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I am tempted by a price of £10.6k against a list price of £12.9k. No dealer is going to match that, are they?

It really depends on the car. I bought a £30K BMW 320 D M Sport 18 months ago and the best a dealer could do was about £26K, then when I went back to them with a quote from a broker they pulled it out the bag and found a whole heap of discount they couldn’t find the first time and gave me it for £23k, because the new model was out and BMW where running down production and discounting them.

I’ve just negotiated £1500 off a brand new Yaris for the missus and that was better than another dealer offered for the outgoing model, pre registered. It really depends on how good you are at negotiating and on the type of car.

If the car’s a factory order then you’ll be taking it out of the dealers margin, if the car’s been produced the manufacturer will drop the price further to the dealer/broker who probably have access to the same stock of cars sitting in a compound somewhere in Europe. A broker won’t have the overheads of a dealership and will sell cars from a bedroom and never even see the vehicle, so they can cut the throat more…

wagenwheel

It’s a 2013 Berlingo Multispace XTR.
    Air-con, Roof Bars, 3 individual removable seats in the back. raised suspension etc etc.

If you send me an email I will forward you the garage details, and the contact name of the guy I dealt with (he’s a mountain Biker)

wagenwheel(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Neil

sing1etrack

I’ve bought via Carfile, Drive the Deal and Low Price Cars. All very good. Arrangement is usually a call to the broker who’ll take your details, pass them on to the supplying main dealer who’ll ring you back, go through your order, take a £500 deposit via credit card, and will let you know when the car will arrive. DtD and LPC delivered, I had to collect the Carfile one, but it made for a day out so no problem. Balance is paid only when the car’s in front of you via debit card over the phone (or at the dealer when you collect). Depending on the car you may get the same or slightly better deal from the local dealer, but not in my experience. And dealing with a broker removes having to deal with car salesmen, which is always a plus as far as I’m concerned!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks, Neil, yhm, and sing1e. Avoiding the salespeople, or having a price for them to equal is a major attraction.

Interesting that the dealer rides. The chap I spoke with had zero understanding that I might want to fit a bike or bikes in the back.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Well the car arrived this morning, and I saved enough to make it worthwhile. I would recommend drive the deal. Others may be available, but check the warnings on DtD’s website.

Thanks again to all who gave advice.

Don’t you love a happy ending.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Discount car broker?’ is closed to new replies.