Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Discontinued car model, bad idea?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Toyota are remaking the original Landcruiser. I am waiting for them to be available for import. Love em, Japtastic. Buy a Defender now and I bet you’d be able to sell it in a year with zero depreciation. With the Freelander though? Freefaller?

Do you know how much a Landcruiser will cost to run? Are you suggesting here that you are waiting for them on import as you are going to buy one? Wonderfully capable vehicles.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wonderfully capable vehicles.

And most of that would be wasted in the UK unless you are going seriously off road.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Wonderfully capable vehicles.
    And most of that would be wasted in the UK unless you are going seriously off road.

I agree, I expect most of these reissues will sit on driveways too expensive to fuel and repair, never to use the full potential and bought by the image conscious.

hora
    Free Member

People would buy one for image? Who is it to impress? A passing scruffy off road club member who lives with his elderly mother?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People would buy one for image?

Prove you are a proper tough off roaded not like those in discos and x5s etc, sad but true. Most cars are trying to sell an image.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No more a masculine Evoque. A rugged ‘Rangie’

Image pays a huge part in car buying. Even if you think it doesn’t or images doesn’t effect your choices. It isn’t always to impress.

hora
    Free Member

My car buying history is littered with cars I fancied and didnt think of others. I bought a Smart ForTwo once. Who cares what strangers think? A rhetorical question.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Are you going to buy one of the new Landcruisers?

hora
    Free Member

NOS? Yes

br
    Free Member

Back to OP, check which engine it has as there has been a couple of upgrades – our SD4 is a 190bhp automatic and averages 33mpg, which is better than the early one managed on 110bhp (also automatic).

failedengineer

I get a bit better MPG from my SD4 190 Auto (I think they’re all autos), about 35-37 including some towing.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Discontinued car model, bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.