Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Disconnected reverb hose during a ride while the reverb was compressed
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

The story:

Had a crash during a ride; reverb hose got disconnected from the remote. Looks like it ripped out a part of barb as only a tiny bit of it is visible. Currently the reverb is in the compressed position. There is no oil in the remote and it looks like a bit of the barb got stuck in the hose.

So shall I:

-cut the hose first so the stuck bit is removed
    -replace the broken barb
    – bleed the whole system?

Now when it comes to the bleed; sram videos say that i have to put the reverb to the extended position first to do the bleed. Will i still be able to do it with the reverb compressed? Has anyone tried doing this before?

Cheers

Daz

Superficial
    Free Member

It shouldn’t really make much difference if you bleed it in the ‘down’ position – I’m almost certain it’ll be fine although I’ve never done it. Much more important to ensure the lever adjustment dial is out though. Once you’ve got it working again, you could always rebleed in the extended position afterwards if you liked.

I’d cut the hose 1cm or so shorter and if there is some of the barb missing (I.e. in the offcut hose) then replace that too.

jedimaster
    Free Member

thanks Superficial 🙂

anyone had any experience bleeding reverb in “down” position?

cchris2lou

The post should go back in position once you had fluid to the remote system. The fluid in the remote and the post are 2 separate system so should not make any difference.

tillydog
    Free Member

Bled from half way down – no problem.

jedimaster
    Free Member

nice one, thanks for your help guys!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mine wouldn’t go back up again after I lost a hose in the down position.

I ended up letting the air out, bleeding it, clamping it, and pulling it back to full extension, but it kept trying to suck down.

Left the air out, pulled it to full extension, used the funny collar thing to clamp it at full extension, bled it again, and pumped it up. Been fine ever since.

jedimaster
    Free Member

oh dear, thanks for the warning hob nob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Disconnected reverb hose during a ride while the reverb was compressed’ is closed to new replies.