Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Disco slippers
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking for some xc shoe recommendations. They’ll be used mostly for roadish biking or ahem gravel. Light and stiff but needn’t be full of mesh sections. The couple of warm feet days in Scotland do not necessitate heavily ventilated shoes. Quite like the look of Giro Empires but not the price. Probably about 100quid max.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve always rate the Shimano XC51N

Cheap ish, no mesh vents makes them good for CX and general northern riding. I use min for XC mtb, winter road riding, gravel, CX, three peaks. SO good for riding and walking.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    akira

Although buying shoes online is a bit of a lottery. Any nearby shops you can buy from?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers! I’d looked at the Bont’s in Merlin and hadn’t found my size before. Managed this time though 😀 Probably more ventilated than I’d have liked but I’ve fancied a pair for a while and at that price has to be worth a go.

akira, I’m normally not too bad with shoe purchases online, only one pair afaicr have went back which was a pair of Shimano’s. Normally a problem free fit but were very tight, they did seem to change what a 42 was equivalent too though.

zippykona

Are the Bonts the same size as Shimano?
    In the seconds it took for me to decide to buy them the 42 sold out. I’m a 41 in normal shoes so hoping the 41 will fit.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Bonts arrived yesterday, nothing outlandish about the sizing, I’m a 42 in everything else and these are the same. Tiny bit snug but I find this with all cycling shoes and after a ride or two they bed in. Very nice they are too , cheers dirtyrider.

zippykona

My size 41 Bonts are way too small.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

First ride with the Bont shoes today, did the stick them in the oven thing and ‘set’ them. Still on the cosy side but I think they will loosen up nicely. I’m not 100% sure I had them hot enough to truly mold the sole but it did change noticeably. What I will say is these are stiff! Like super stiff and maybe stiffer than my Fizik road shoes, I think the way the sole/shell comes round your foot really adds a load of stifness. I’m not sure if they will give all day comfort but as most of my rides at the moment are 2-3hrs they should be fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Disco slippers’ is closed to new replies.