Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Disclosure – Settle
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Best album of this year and a few previous!
    Discuss

kudos100
    Free Member

Yep, I agree. Best dance album I’ve heard in a very long time. There are only a couple of tracks I’m not too keen on.

I must listened to it 20 or 30 times now, and it amazes me how talented these two guys are at such a young age.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I concur. Great album that has led me on to some other good stuff. Jessie Ware and London Grammar for instance.

Mooly
    Free Member

If you can listen to an album 20nor 30 times then it must have a huge degree of quality. i couldn’t agree more tbh, every time I listen its still as good as the first time.
    Who says dance music isn’t creative!

ourmaninthenorth

If you can listen to an album 20nor 30 times then

You’re not buying enough music. 😉

I’ll check it out.

langylad
    Free Member

Good albums normally take 20 to 30 listens before you begin to really appreciate them

ourmaninthenorth

Just listened to three tracks. Really want to like it, but sort of feels like the record company over-produced it. Like the polish covered up the soul just a little.

But deffo worth further investigation.

rewski
    Free Member

Yep, good dance music, well produced beats. The London Grammar tracks are great, also worth checking out is there boiler room dj set.

DezB
    Free Member

I like it a lot.
    This track really bugs me. I’ve listened to it more than anything else this year and it still makes me feel good. Normally I only listen to things once or twice, but…it’s… just great pop music…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS2hspTsTl8[/video]

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Was just listening to this and thinking the exact same thing while driving back from my Mum’s, err… 12 hours ago, strangely! I have listened to it loads over the past couple of months and am struck by the Hooks on every track, seemingly endless hooks – on a deep house/2 step record. How do they do that AND produce an album with such depth to its sound. It is really is a remarkable album.

Shame that cover reminds me of the Garbage Pail kids.

kudos100
    Free Member

have listened to it loads over the past couple of months and am struck by the Hooks on every track, seemingly endless hooks – on a deep house/2 step record. How do they do that AND produce an album with such depth to its sound. It is really is a remarkable album

I liked a few select track to begin with. After i’d had it in the car for a couple of weeks I had the same experience, amazement at how brilliant the hooks were on almost every track.

I think it is a few tracks too long for a perfect album (a couple of fillers) but the vast majority are outstanding.

The inteview with the brothers on youtube is worth a watch.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

It’s a good album, but their older stuff is better

/hipster

New track is a bit of a return to their older style.

theflatboy
    Free Member

It is well good. I am planning to go see them when they play Alexandra Palace in March.

dragon
    Free Member

I’ve listed to this a fair few times and it does nothing for me at all. A few decent tracks i.e. singles, but the rest is just dreary padding.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Disclosure – Settle’ is closed to new replies.