• This topic has 51 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Disciplining your child whilst out
  • Scamper
    Free Member

With 3 kids under 6 and us both working it’s sometimes a case of loose the battles win the war. 😆

We could do things a lot better but usually when the 5yr old has “a paddy” or the three year old has “a strop” just do the count to 3 and they are in trouble leading to either the naughty step or “time out upstairs to think about it” after explaining why they are in trouble which may also lead to no lego for 24 hours etc etc. Film quoting “its my will against yours and you will loose” or “mess with the bull young man, you’ll get the horns” to the eldest and he knows he’s pushing it 😀 Luckily don’t really have issues when out and about.

allthegear
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter what the system is as long as you are (both/all inc grandparents!) scrupulously consistent with it.

Oh – and don’t threaten a punishment you are not prepared to follow through with. 🙂

Rachel

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Traffic lights and levels of warning ??!?? Whats that all about. Kids aint daft and they will know they can do something wrong with out really getting in to trouble.

Step out of line and its the slipper or a good whack around the back of the head.

thepurist

Oh come on stw you are missing the obvious

NO PUDDING

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Warning then mine get the EYES 👿

(Im not as hairy… but do at times have emergency sandwiches for my daughter or me when out.)

Thats normally good enough but after which, if they continue, they’re lead away promptly by scruff of neck for a good telling off. And a further warning that if they continue I’ll embarrass them in front of their friends.

thered

Bloody hell. You lot are WEIRD!!

Dude, you have no idea.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2 year old.

Can you just explain how this discipline thing works to me? 😆

funkmasterp

All joking aside a stern look and firm tone works on Funk Jr (he’s 3) and Mrs Funkmaster just uses “do you want me to tell daddy” or other variants

CountZero

which may also lead to no lego for 24 hours etc etc.

Well, there’s always ‘Lego roulette’, where the recalcitrant brat child is blindfolded and led to a room with Lego bricks scattered across the floor, and they are gently ushered into the room, with no shoes on and the door closed…
    😈

Drac

I’ve got a 2 year old.

Can you just explain how this discipline thing works to me?

Have your tried jar of marbles.

loum
    Free Member

Jar of hearts

DT78
    Free Member

Started trying with my 2 year old. Count to 5. Little tike now takes the piss and joins in with the counting, when he is a real pain he gets sat on his own in the conservatory to calm down.

Now, what about disciplining someone else’s child? I need some tips. On sat was in a playground and a slightly bigger boy, I’d say 4, came over cracked my boy in the face and dragged him backwards off a toy jeep). He got a maximum volume “NO YOU DO NOT DO THAT” followed rather embarrassingly by a “WHERE IS YOUR FATHER”. No idea what I was going to do if he had been there…..every parent stops and stares at me…. But still it got the attention of his fat chav mum who was smoking a fag the other side of the park….who made some sort of vague attempt to tell the boy off. Later on the same boy cracked one of our friends kids too, so clearly had a problem and shouldn’t be allowed to play unsupervised….my wife also saw his younger brother spitting in his grandmas face when she tried to get him to leave.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Disciplining your child whilst out’ is closed to new replies.