Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Discipline Dilemma
  • Kryton57

Weird isn’t it. After a year of rough weather I’ve really taken to road biking. However, this weeks three MTB rides have left me feeling somewhat down in the mouth about tomorrows pending 100k (road) club ride.

😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

trails are dry and dusty so enjoy is my advice

Kryton57

i’m weighing up dusty trails vs cappuccino and panatone…

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just mix it all up a bit , road ride but with beer stop rather than Cafe

nickc

It think it depends on which way you got into cycling, whether you go roadie or MTB first. For me roadie is fun, and I enjoy it, but there’s no comparison to a fine dusty MTB ride.

This time of year, my roadie gets no love from me

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Roadie: Road bike in summer, MTB in winter.

MTBer: MTB in summer, road bike in winter.

Strange isn’t it?

Road bike for me tomorrow methinks, need to get some miles in the legs.

garage-dweller

Kryton you are aware milky coffees are against the rules.

(pops off to remove frame pump and saddle bag….)

garage-dweller

Plenty of time or tuesday night – mtb
    Commute or a couple of spare hours – road (heavy £600 roadie but good on a roll / for a workout)

I love both and even my 1993 hybrid gets taken for a 15mile leisure ride regularly.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Or, you ride both.

Road bike today, Mtb tomorrow.

If I had to choose though, Mtb over roadie anyday, anytime of the year. As I have time for both though I enjoy both.

wallop

Nt really sure why anyone would ride a road bike when the trails are in such tip top condition. Especially after the nine months of rain we had 😆

househusband

Either way its all good; they’re all bicycles! 🙂

garage-dweller

^^^that

weekend riding is mostly with my four year old at the minute. Just gone up to 16″ wheels today and despite being only just able to fit on the bike he has it dialled. Three weeks ago he couldnt ride without stabilisers.

Being out with him or racing him round the garden is the best riding ever right now.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Trails are no longer tip top. Now too dry, dusty and marbly in places. Perfect last week but I’m not complaining.

Kryton57

This isn’t good. Currently on the sofa watching Ben & Holly having missed the road club ride. Mrs K is promising a cleaning frenzy soon sp perhaps that’s my cue to get out onto the MTB….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nt really sure why anyone would ride a road bike when the trails are in such tip top condition. Especially after the nine months of rain we had

There’s not much MTB wise that compares to doing 8 hour road rides. I could spend the same ammount of time on the MTB but after about 40 miles my concentration goes and with it any semblance of fun on technical trails, which means really long rides tend to be biased towards less technicaly demanding BW’s which just become an exercise in saddle soreness. On the road you can just keep going and enjoying being out on the bike. That and the GPS plot’s look cool when you zoom out to the whole of the UK and they still look like a defineable loop!

Kryton57

what ‘spoon said.

I went out at 2pm in the end on what can only be described as a lackadaisical MTB ride – doing it for doing its sake. It wouldnt have been fair to take that attitude into a road club ride though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Discipline Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.