Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Disc specific Hardtail frame with rear rack bosses?
  • foxwelljsly
    Free Member

Preferably Ti or 853. 100mm travel.

Apart from the Orange R8 and Van Nicholas Zion (Which, I believe, comes with canti posts), anything else worth checking out?

nbt

inbred

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Voodoo d-jab and wanga.
    Thorn raven enduro.
    On one inbred (although not sure the 853 has bosses)
    not sure the R8 has bosses either. The P7 does though.

drain

Dahon Flo – Reynolds 631 though. Great bike, love mine; very versatile.

dan1980
    Free Member

You can get racks that mount on the disk calipers, and seatpost clamps with rack mounts on. Not sure if this helps?

Going to be testing a Giant branded quick release seatpost clamp and rack mount and a topeak rack over the next week, I can let you know I get on if that helps?

alfabus
    Free Member

rocky mountain blizzard 🙂

Dave

druidh
    Free Member

The Zion has bosses, but they are removable.

Much like this

17/03/2010 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

Left – boss fitting bracket. Right – with a bolt in it.

17/03/2010 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

Another view.. different bike, but same fitting.

Alternatively, use them to fit a decent mudguard

19/02/2010 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

matttromans
    Free Member

Genesis Latidude – 853 or Ti. Designed for a 120mm fork really, although I suspect it would be fine with a 100mm. Rides very nicely, comfortable and fun.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Druid. Is that a decathlon ‘guard?

Dickyboy

Genesis Altitude – some do & some so just be careful when buying, seen some on the 853 & 520 frames but never on the Ti ones 🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

No bosses on my Ti Altitude and there were none on the 2011 Latitude in titanium either. 853 and 520 are both meant to have them though.

druidh
    Free Member

ir_bandito – it is indeed. Fiendishly effective – and cheap. I’m thinking of getting another for my Full-Sus and bodging some sort of mount for it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thought so. Picked one up myself when passing Decathlon in France a few weeks ago. Haven’t got it fitted yet.

And here you go, Ti hardtail with pannier rack:

DSC_0380 by ir_bandito, on Flickr
    Voodoo D-Jab with an OMM Sherpa rack. I just fits on without using the axle-mount fitting kit, but I might try and put a couple of extension plates on it to get a bit more tyre clearance, and reduce the amount I had to bend it out to clear the brake calliper. Gives me about 1/2″ tyre clearance on a 2.35″ tyre.

avdave2

I don’t think the Zion has brake bosses any more.

garage-dweller

456? Can go down to a 100mm fork and Ti option.

I use mine for just about all my riding (including taking nipper out in his child seat, hence the rack mounts). It weighs a ton (but so do I) but doesn’t ride like it.

The rack mounts on mine (about a year old) are a bit closer to the dropout than ideal (I can only use a Shimano skewer) and I have to use a normal Topeak rack. The disc specific one has bigger “feet” and won’t fit.

Brant if you’re reading this – I suggest you put the rack mounts 40-50mm from the dropout when you next do a tweek to the design rather than 25mm or so it is on mine.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

genesis ioid?

AngusWells

Just to confirm there are rack braze ons on the R8’s seat stay wishbone and dropouts. No brake bosses though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Disc specific Hardtail frame with rear rack bosses?’ is closed to new replies.