Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Disc six point hub mounting – should spacing be standard?
  • yeager2004
    Free Member

Hi

I’m in the process of converting the V brakes on an old bike I am renovating to disc. In the interests of keeping costs down, I was intending to use a spare front wheel I have that had a six-point disc mounting.

The calliper and disc arrived today – but on offering up the disc to the wheel, only one of the six holes in the disc align with the hub.
    I found another 160mm disc to compare to the new disc, and the holes match identically.

I had assumed the 6-point mounting would be a standard thing – but this seems not to be the case.

Should the mountings be standard? Or have I just got a non-standard wheel?

Thanks

Stevet1
    Free Member

Hope had 5 bolt, Cannondale had 4 bolt and Amp Research had 3 bolt but I don’t recall another 6 bolt standard. What wheel / hub is it?

matt_outandabout

What brand hub and disc?
    Pics…

They *should* be six-bolt standard pattern, unless old Cannondale or Hope.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I have a vague memory that my dad had a Marin of some kind with Diatech hubs on that had a different spacing to everything else on the planet.

yeager2004
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. I’ll try and post some pics later, but the disc hub is branded Dunlop (you can see this is a high value build!)

It looks like this:

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Disc six point hub mounting – should spacing be standard?’ is closed to new replies.