Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Disc rotor torque setting please
  • andyb748
    Free Member

Hi

Can anyone let me know the torque setting for disk attachment to Chris King hubs please?

Thanks

Andy

tron
    Free Member

Do them up with a screwdriver & use loctite. Torque settings would depend on the bolt, not the hub – try the brake manufacturer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Torque settings would depend on the bolt, not the hub

Don't they depend on the application?

Anyway do them up reasonably tight, works for me.

andyb748
    Free Member

they're Hope

tron
    Free Member

Torque settings are commonly dictated by how much force is needed to stretch the bolt a little, so as to provide maximum clamping force. The reading you'll get from a torque wrench for a given amount of stretch varies according to whether the bolt is going in dry, greased or with threadlock.

Granted in some applications (say, carbon bits being clamped), you're actually limited by how how much force the item can take, rather than the bolt.

brant
    Free Member

The Avid rotor I just fitted at 6.2 (something) marked on it.

I can't remember.

andyb748
    Free Member

many thanks

andy

nickc

Is this the wrong time to say "It's a blinking bicycle, just nip them up tight"

It is, isn't it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

IIRC Hope say 4NM but as said above, Avid are 6.2Nm. I do mine up with a preset 5Nm torque key and I've never had any issues (normally leave the thread lock on that comes with the bolts but even run dry on holiday after packing the bikes, 5Nm has never cause a problem). I think it's more to stop the ham-fisted from stripping alu threads out of expensive parts.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

frum memoree 655 lb-in but if u luk on park tulls websight u can chek to b shur

PeteG55
    Free Member

I'd go with 5Nm and threadlok (the blue one). Any more would risk pulling the threads out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hand tight – I use a small wratchet screwdriver with torx bit and do it up as pretty tight – I don't use anything with a long lever so will stop you doing it up too tight 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Disc rotor torque setting please’ is closed to new replies.