Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Disc rotor size for Hope M4''s?.
  • carlos
    Free Member

I’ve got hope tech brakes with M4 callipers running 183mm floating Hope rotors. New rotors are on the shopping list and the question is can I run Shimano ice tech 180mm without any issues or any other 180mm rotor for that matter?

Or what rotors are you running with your M4’s

Cheers
    Carlos

t-p26
    Free Member

Caliper number/which end makes a difference. You could run 205 rotors back in the day front and rear

curvature
    Free Member

Jus use a different mount to ensure full pad to disc coverage.

However I have not bothered in the past and my brakes still worked and I didn’t die!

davewalsh
    Free Member

Usually you can run any disc with any caliper as long as you use the correct adaptor. I don’t know about M4’s, however when I fitted E4’s on my spitfire with 203 rotors, I had problems with the caliper fouling the mount (I tried Shimano and Superstar mounts) and I had to get the genuine Hope mount to make it fit. The reason I mention this is that Hope don’t make a 180 mount and you may have problems with it fouling on another brand.
    Personally I’d stick with Hope 183 rotors.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Is it purely a money saving exercise running shimano rotors instead of replacing with hope floating ones? Would look a bit odd in my eyes.

I’m running floating 203s front and back with my m4’s. It may have been an over reaction, but I experienced brake fade a few times on a trip to the alps thw first time I went. I didn’t want to ever have that feeling again.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I’ll prob end up sticking with Hope tbh. I wasn’t too fussed on the look of the Ice Tech ones or cash saving, I just wondered what other options there were other than to run Hope.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Disc rotor size for Hope M4''s?.’ is closed to new replies.