Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Disc rotor return?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

Bought a pair of new rotors from one of the big online bike places. They were fairly cheap and they’ve been on for a couple of weeks but I’ve only just ridden that bike and they are awful!!! The juddering is just impossible to live with.

Now previously I had Ashima AirRotor’s which are fairly renowned for a bit of pulsing which they did bit this is on a whole new level. XT callipers with new pad and I tried some half used old pads and they’re the same. The callipers are aligned correctly and they are on the right way round. I can’t think it’s anything wrong with anything else on the bike.

I’m not being unreasonable to return ’em for a refund am I?
    packaging is in the garage bin but they are used for a few miles and clearly not resell-able but are just not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would ring the big online place, and see what they say.

I did return a used SLX rotor to Halfords, but that was obviously out of true.

29erKeith
    Free Member

no call centre, which probably gives away who it is, I can email but they’re not renowned for responding

I’m tempted to post ’em back on a punt, at the end of the day I’m never going to use them as they’re useless but I’ll be £34 +postage out of pocket for the privilege

Oddly there are no reviews for them on their website, I’ve heard rumours of negative reviews of products on their website disappearing

29erKeith
    Free Member

They don’t appear to be out of true and front and rear are doing the same

And they’re the same make of pads I’ve used for years on Shimano, Ashima and Hayes rotors with no issues.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Go to the top of the biggest, steepest hill near you and go down it as fast as you can. Jam on the brakes at the bottom and get them as hot as you can.

Repeat.

They should now be bedded in!

If that doesn’t work, discard. It’s hard to see how a disc could be faulty unless it was bent.

poah
    Free Member

if you have bed the pads in and they are still judering I would say they are not fit for purpose and you should send them back. Don’t see it as an issue.

nickjb
    Free Member

Are you sure they are the right way round? If you are replacing Ashimas then they are notorious for some that were labelled the wrong way. Secondly, as above, if you’ve only just ridden the bike have you bedded them in?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Superstar ?
    I had one of their rotors that didn’t feel right, measured it and it was 0.05mm different thickness from one side of the disc to the other.
    Filled in the returns form and sent it back, received a refund with no questions asked.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Nope weren’t bent and had been well bedded in.

Yeah discs were the right way round, my old Ashimas were misprinted ones though but on the right way.

Maybe it was a thickness thing as Dave suggests. I don’t have anything to check that accurately with though.

Wiggle refunded though no probs which was great

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Disc rotor return?’ is closed to new replies.