Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • disc road bike chainline question
  • jerrys
    Free Member

I’ve recently built up a Kaffenback2 with a Stronglight triple crank and a square taper bottom bracket. The recommended bottom bracket length off the Spa website was 110mm for this crank. However the Kaff uses a 135mm rear hub spacing rather than a roadie 130mm spacing. Would this difference make any difference to anything. I’m fiddling around in fits and starts with the front mech to try and eliminate slight chain rub (too cold to give it a good ride at the moment)but wondered if I could have done things a bit better to start with (it’s a slow learning process at my age).

cheers

brant
    Free Member

Go to a 113 or 115.
    Will line up better especially as Kaffenback has quite short RC. 420mm?

brant
    Free Member

Though that might over stretch a road FD of course.

jerrys
    Free Member

Brant – thanks for that. i’m presuming that if a change of front mech was required, it would be to something like a Deore (from what I’ve seen googling other bike specs) and it would work okay(ish) with a sora STI shifter? If i’d built the bike up with a Sora 50/39/30 triple (i.e. hollowtech bb) would i have had to play around with a couple of spacers?

if the chainstays were longer (e.g. 440mm) I’m presuming it would be less of an issue/

cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘disc road bike chainline question’ is closed to new replies.