Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Disc Cyclocross bike on Cyclescheme – Where?
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

I thought I’d cracked it. My old commuter needs replacing. A disc cx bike like the Boardman Cyclocross bike would be ideal – BUT I’ve just discovered cyclescheme don’t do it.

Anyone else doing Disc Cyclocross bike on Cyclescheme?

Planet-x are out of stock.

tang
    Free Member

18bikes were doing cotic on cyclescheme. a cotic ‘x’ would fit the bill.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Thanks. I can’t see the disc version. I’ll call them tomorrow.

tang
    Free Member

I’m sure they can meet your requirements. Top service from them!

Lesanita2
    Free Member

The wheelbase genesis one looks nice. Wonder what it weighs? Looks like it could do with a carbon fork.

convert

Get the bike you want by ordering from Halfords online using voucher code VCBIKES10 for 10% off (expires tomorrow). Click through to the Halfords site from topcashback or quidco for another 3% off. Not exactly C2W numbers but with the reduction in the worth of the C2W scheme recently there’s not quite as much in it now surely? Add Boardman vfm and it’ll look beter against others maybe.

Bregante

That Day One Alfine weighs about 12kg. I’ve got a Genesis Croix De Fer and it’s frankly lovely to ride

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The new Whyte ones look quite good, not available for a few months though…
    http://road.cc/content/news/38927-whyte-add-three-cyclocross-bikes-2012-range

Bregante

Those Whytes look rather nice

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I’ve just noted this thread.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cyclox-as-a-commuter

Boardman £899 – 10% = £810ish, 9.8kg, pros – carbon fork, BB30, tapered steerer

For £300 less with CTW..
    Day One Alfine 12kg! pros – alfine
    MArin Toscana – 11.5kg
    Genesis The Croix de fer 2011 11.8kg

The weight is a concern. Perhaps the £300 could go towards some lighter wheels, carbon fork and components.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

£1300 Whyte Saxon, 10kg – very nice if I can get it on cyclescheme, it compares to the Boardman. Ticks all the boxes. Looks like they aren’t available til September. I’ll phone the dealers tomorrow, to see if they can do me one on cyclescheme.

A Boardman on Cyclescheme would be nice though.

Straightliner

Evans do the Pinnacle Arkose 2 which has discs. No idea what they’re like to ride though.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Arkrose looks good 10.4kg, but they are not on cyclescheme through Evans.

samuri
    Free Member

Sideways cycles will do you the Alfine on cyclescheme. Mine’s awesome.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

i’ve slept on it and i’m wondering if disc cyclocross is the way to go for me.

I want to run this bike for commuting, so i’d need a spare set of wheels with slicks. I’ve a set of MTB wheels with slicks, maybe they would fit. Any ideas?
    The alfine bike needs a compact chainset, unless its too slow on road, but is that missing the point of minimalism.
    Maybe a rigid or light hardtail MTB is my solution.
    Should have also said, I was wanting to do the 3 peaks cyclocross race. Maybe i’ll just hire one for a few days.
    Maybe I am asking too much at this moment in history.

I just need to stop flapping and make my call.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Disc Cyclocross bike on Cyclescheme – Where?’ is closed to new replies.