Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Disaster! A Truly terrible situation I've found myself in.
  • slowmart
    Free Member

Well that’s it. At least for another year.

I’m enjoying the last piece of our homemade Christmas cake.

enigmas
    Free Member

Good effort rationing it out over 2 weeks, our cake lasts to boxing day if its lucky!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Christmas cake and cheese yum yum (once I’ve removed the marzipan yuck.

Kryton57

You reminded me I needed to finish the last of the Christmas Port. Between that and the rapidly declining temp outside (from 8 to 3 degrees since 5pm) I now may not get my planned morning bike ride in tomorrow.

I hope you’re pleased with yourselves :-/

RustySpanner

Not started ours yet 😀

Might post a piccy later.

nicko74

You try living somewhere that they don’t *make* Christmas cake. It’s horrendous, how I can be expected to carry on working here I do not know!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve turned down another two that have been offered.. I’m fed up of the stuff..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just finished icing ours, timing is everything. 😕

oldgit
    Free Member

Christmas cake and cheese yum yum (once I’ve removed the marzipan yuck.

Send me your marzipan, yum yum. I stick other peoples on mine, I ditch the icing though.

andrewh
    Free Member

Marzipan is the best thing ever.
    [EDIT] Second best. That almond-milk is lovely, just like liquid marzipan. Mmmmm.
    Tastes a bit like cyanide apparently, not tried that though.

somafunk

I’ve still got a few mince pies and perhaps 3/4 bits of xmas home made shortbread left, just about to switch on the coffee machine so i’ll put a mince pie on top of the stove and by the time i’ve made my espresso the mince pie will be nice n’ warmed through, then i’ll probably do my damnest to finish off my xmas bottle of Aberlour 18yr old with a lump or two of shortbread and a read of the new Privateer mag that dropped through my door yesterday.

How very civilised………

EDIT – Marzipan is the work of the devil and should be cast from your home this minute.

Drac

Still loads left here and we’ve started on another.

honeybadgerx

Almond icing and vanilla vodka as the booze is where it’s at. I’ve only got 1/4 left and have resorted to hiding it on top of a wardrobe to keep it out of the in-laws mitts (they’re like a plague of locusts I tell thee!).

slowmart
    Free Member

And we are down to the last two boxes of Heston’s mince pies which are the best I’ve tasted. And I doubt I would have ever thought of sprinkling tangerine sugar over said pies but it works superbly.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ours is just about still there. Cheese rations low, esp after sunday eve’s cheese fest. Oops.
    Didn’t have an Xmas pudding this year though, MIL offered, we said yes. Round they toddle on Xmas day, no effing pud. Bastards.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have one slice of Christmas cake left, it may not last the evening.

aracer
    Free Member

That reminds me – ours is still unopened in the cupboard.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I still have cheeses, port, crackers and some exquisite chocolates left to enjoy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Disaster! A Truly terrible situation I've found myself in.’ is closed to new replies.