Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • disappointing service from on-one
  • Gooner
    Free Member

ordered a fizik gobi saddle on monday in their “sale” and they took my money immediately
    their website said that they had 8 left and today their website says that they still have 6 left
    get a phone call to say that actually we have none left and should be able to refund you over the weekend

i think this is a poor service
    it can’t be difficult to update the website and while they can take the money immediatel it takes several days to refund it!

shoddy

BigDummy
    Free Member

Annoying, but you have not lost out have you?

druidh
    Free Member

See – I knew it would all go downhill…..

knott4me
    Free Member

everyone works in the same way.

quiet a few people can take orders but they may only have one credit controller to do refunds.

Gooner
    Free Member

i have nt lost, just poor service – quick to take my money, slow to check their stock levels, slow to pay my money back

should have stuck with chainreaction/wiggle even if they were a little more expensive

thepodge
    Free Member

its bloody difficult to keep on-line shops up to date.

they don’t come inbuilt with refund options, the people that code them tend to think everything runs perfect.

Gooner
    Free Member

other on line retailers manage it
    perhaps the amateurs should n’t bother if they can’t provide any customer service

gingerflash

“everyone works in the same way.”

I don’t think that’s the case. i don’t think I’ve ever had a retailer take my money before telling me they’re out of stock. Usually they tell you they’re out of stock before taking your money.

woody2000

Don’t forget there’s likely to be a totally separate mechanism for collecting payments; so a computer took your money, a person probably dealt with the picking, then a person dealt with authorising the refund, then the banks keep hold of it whilst it “clears” – ie a computer transfers your money back again. Muppet indeed 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Where’s Brant – he’ll sort it out for you.

…oh hang on.

If they’re taking payment for something they don’t have stock of, that’s actually illegal. If that’s the way the whole website works, then it would seem that itself is breaking the law. Needs fixing – no excuses.

thepodge
    Free Member

it is illegal but they have offered a refund and I would hope apologised. I take orders for stuff that I don’t have in stock all the time, there is no way round it but I also have a disclaimer saying such.

as kinda mentioned above, banks hold on to stuff, they could well have issued you a refund straight away, how long that takes for the bank to actually put it in your account is out of their hands. also money may well have exited your account but it could be 3 or more days before it hits theirs.

someone made a mistake, no need to hang them

Gooner
    Free Member

no apology all i had was a girl who kept interupting everytime i tried to speak trying to justify the error and tell me that it was nt their fault

a p*ss poor service from a company who i definitely wont be using again

aracer
    Free Member

I take orders for stuff that I don’t have in stock all the time, there is no way round it but I also have a disclaimer saying such.

Of course there is – don’t! If you can’t manage that with your stock system then you need to improve your system or stop taking orders at all.

It looks a lot like you’re trying to blame the bank, when it’s actually the fault of the person running a system which takes payment for stuff which isn’t in stock.

leftyboy
    Free Member

they don’t come inbuilt with refund options, the people that code them tend to think everything runs perfect.

Being a professional web developer I’d point out that bad programmers do this, good programmers think a bit further ahead. 🙂

Often it’s because the person (usually credit controller) who can refund is too busy to do so and if it’s an online account it’s usual that the credit card processor (WordldpAy etc.) don’t credit the card back for at least 24 hours AFTER the refund has been requested.
    I agree you’ve had poor service but I suspect on-one’s ecommerce ‘application’ is not particulary sophisticated these e-commerce ssytems very from very very good to very poor IMHO 🙂

Shandy
    Free Member

If you’re in dire need of the fifty quid back right now, maybe you shouldn’t have spent it in the first place?

Gooner
    Free Member

they obviously watch this site as they have just rang to say they have managed to do the refund today
    still no apology and still a poor service from, in my opinion, a “third division” retailer trying to behave like a premier retailer – a long way to go boys!

thepodge
    Free Member

no, there is no way that I can control stock like that. I run a small record label / shop. I often take my stock to shows and sell it there. when I get back I have to up date my shop, on the odd occasion I’ve sold out at a show and someone has placed an online order while I was out. my store doesn’t have a stock level system so there is no way that I can manage this.

when ever it happens I always apologise and offer a refund.

i’m not blaming the banks, the error is clearly made by On One and probably made worse by the banks and or their website. yeah they could update the site to a better one but then they’d probably not be offering the lower prices because they would be paying more. you could argue that its all irrelevant as they were offering stuff they didn’t have but how many CRC complaints have we seen on here? and you are thinking they are a better option.

all in all they should have apologised but to be honest you sound like an angry man.

thepodge
    Free Member

oh and would you be happier if they behaved “third division”?

Gooner
    Free Member

not angry just get disappointed when people who have made mistakes cannot accept it and do not apologise
    mistakes happen we all make them but CRC/wiggle etc usually keep you informed -that’s my experience anyway

shandy you are clearly missing the point – the £50 is nt the issue its the service, or lack of it

igm

Ring them – they check stock over the phone when I do. And I was down there last Monday and they were packing boxes like there’s no tomorrow so keeping stock up to date was probably pretty difficult.

aracer
    Free Member

So thepodge, your point is that you have to break the law because you can’t run your shop any other way? I wonder what a judge would make of that?

geoffj

IIRC correctly, the card payment shouldn’t be completed until the items have been posted. I’m not sure if that’s approved code of practice or law though.

Eitherway on-one sell stuff cheap by the bucketfull. If you want A* service go to Wiggle or CRC……oh hang on a minute

thepodge
    Free Member

So thepodge, your point is that you have to break the law because you can’t run your shop any other way? I wonder what a judge would make of that?

I have no idea, go and ask one then report back, I suspect he’ll tell you to nob off and stop being such an internet warrior and finding fault with EVERYTHING.

i’m not sure about the whole “card payment shouldn’t be completed until the items have been posted” as if that was the case, you could run the risk of sending stuff out and not being paid.

scaredypants

geoffj – you don’t recall correctly

they can take payment but should supply or refund within 28 days

geoffj

“i’m not sure about the whole “card payment shouldn’t be completed until the items have been posted” as if that was the case, you could run the risk of sending stuff out and not being paid.

Payment is approved when the person makes the order on the web page, but the money isn’t actually taken until the item is dispatched.

I’ll try and find the bit in the relevant regs.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

see my new post, thought id create a new one to highlight what a shower it seems we have to deal with, wouldnt surpise me if all the ones who got jipped, never see the refund…………..

zaskar
    Free Member

I always though their website was utter tosh.

I’d never buy or order from them.

devs
    Free Member

I got a load of chain rings and a PC991 chain but there is no power link with it. I think I shall call my lawyers.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

perhaps the amateurs should n’t bother if they can’t provide any customer service

Perhaps some sort of c0ck filter on the website? I would love one on the shop front door that senses CTC members 🙂

wouldnt surpise me if all the ones who got jipped, never see the refund…………..

Now thats slander and really not on. Have you got any proof of this? Are you trying to damage their business? Thats the sort of thing that gets threads pulled.

So they made a mistake, you didn’t get a saddle cheap and they are sending your money back. No one died, lets get some perspective on this FFS.

If this has really disapointed you and made you angry perhaps you shoule re-evaluate your values a little.

SSP

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d like to high five SSP for a post well put.

stufield
    Free Member

CRC take money if something is out of stock, I tried to order a pair of shimano boots, they were out of stock due soon, I placed order thinking that I’d be charged when they were shipped, 3 days later no update nothing, so I cancelled order they promised immediate refund by paypal, pay pal still holding onto my money, So haven’t credited my bank account.

It’d have been better if CRC handn’t charged me straight away, but its the banks paypal that are slowing down getting my money back

I also went into Merlin cycles today to get something showing as in stock on their website. It turns out they didn’t have it, but they might be able to get it. Tis a shame that their system wasn’t upto date. The owners shiny Aston Martin sitting outside with 007 personalised plate, seems IT systems isn’t where they spend the money either. But they did recommend somewhere else locally that would stock the item.

All companies have problems its not the fact something goes wrong its the way they handle it when it does that matters…

geoffj

All companies have problems its not the fact something goes wrong its the way they handle it when it does that matters…

Well said!

andrew
    Free Member

all i had was a girl who kept interupting everytime i tried to speak

In all honesty, if you came across as pompously on the phone as you have done on this thread then I can’t say as I’d blame her.

RichPenny
    Free Member

They rang you back to let you know the score, and offered to refund your money. Sounds like pretty good service to me.

Shandy
    Free Member

All I can say is thank f*ck I am not in the bike business. Gooner you are coming across as a bit of a prick here.

Everybody knows On-One don’t really do great customer service, but they will always sort you out in the end. I have got plenty of exceptional deals out of them, and had one order that somehow just vanished without trace, its no big deal. I don’t see why some people expect to made to feel special and important every time they put their hand in their pocket.

Gooner
    Free Member

shandy, sorry if you think that but that was nt my intention
    they made a mistake but did nt seem to bothered about the customer – they would put it right when it suited them not me – i felt that was wrong

however, maybe they caught me on a bad day and maybe i caught them on a bad day (no stock could mean that they are victims of their own success?)

also i dont know much about on-one

jfeb
    Free Member

While this is hardly a matter of life and death, I largely agree with Gooner. Retailers taking payment before confirming stock is available is easy to avoid and just wrong. Mr Retailer, by all means take my order before you are 100% sure you have stock, but do not take payment. It isn’t hard to verify payment before picking an order, and then taking payment once with order has been picked and is ready to ship. It SHOULD be standard practice for all retailers.

All of that said, On-One’s informal approach to customer service is pretty well known. In fact, they advertise it themselves, so this sort of minor customer service issue shouldn’t cause too much anger.

aracer
    Free Member

CRC take money if something is out of stock

No they don’t! It would appear you paid by Paypal – in which case you paid them the money, they didn’t take it, that’s the way Paypal works. That’s one problem with paying by Paypal – the law about not charging you if something isn’t in stock also doesn’t apply (since the retailer can’t actually stop Paypal taking the money if you select that payment method).

From the CRC website: “We only bill your card when your order is ready to be dispatched (Orders paid for using Paypal will be charged in full, this will include the cost of any out of stock items)”

jimw
    Free Member

I ordered a pair of Shimano M540 pedals from the 500 sale- no problem I thought , excellent communications explaining they had been sent – arrived today a left M540 and a right M520!!- Website is currently showing out of stock on the M540’s….

CountZero

Gooner sez he doesn’t know much about On-One. Obviously a newbie, as it’s almost impossible to imagine anyone not knowing anything about them who’s been on here for more than five minutes…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘disappointing service from on-one’ is closed to new replies.