Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Disappearing Celebrities
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…Jayne Middlemiss…

Still have such a crush on her.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Steven Segal has a band he tours with. Did a uk tour. I heard he was a cop too?

wiki

a reserve deputy sheriff

filmed a reality tv series doing it

grtdkad

Any signs of that Mark Lamarr off Buzzcocks and Shooting Stars, The Word etc?

He went from prime time BBC and then more or less vanished overnight.

edlong
    Free Member

Mark Lamarr

Did a bit of radio after the telly stuff. But his interests are bit niche so once he’d done a couple of series of obscure rockabilly..

Last I heard he was involved in a record company doing reissues of the music he’s interested in, which sounds like one of the best jobs in the world tbh.

I got the impression from a couple of interviews I read (and he doesn’t really do many, and never really did) that although he would be happy doing the radio shows if there was a market for it, his disappearance from the tv screen was pretty much by choice.

Way back in the mists of time, he was a decent comic.

sbob
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

On the (very short) list of famous people I’ve met, Johnny Ball is at the top – met him when I was a kid and he was at the height of his celebrity, at some university thing. Lovely man.

As long as no-one throws the p-bomb at him or Tony Hart, I’ll die happy.

Met a lot of famous people including royalty but Tony Hart was the only fella that left me star struck. Thought I was going to shake his hand clean off his wrist I was so excited to meet him!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Gary Wilmiot still very active and regarded in Theatre productions.

mrdobermann
    Free Member

What ever happened to Noseybonk?

grtdkad

Rod, Jane and Freddy?
    😉

edit: all recently documented apparently, taxi drivers, The Voice appearances etc

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/what-happened-rainbows-stars-jane-8083029.amp

senorj

I saw The Grumble weeds live!
    & I see Charlie Dimmock has made a recent return in a low budget garden renovation thing which makes groundforce look like Grand Designs.

Twodogs

I saw Mark Lamarr doing stand-up at the Banana Caberet in Balham, about 100 years ago….one of the funniest comedians I’ve ever seen

edlong
    Free Member

I saw The Grumble weeds live!

Me too. They were shit.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Never knew until today that Jayne had been on Robot Wars!

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Disappearing Celebrities’ is closed to new replies.