Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Disappearing Celebrities
  • maccruiskeen

Is he still doing the gross indecency

I don’t think I know that dance move – is it maybe a bit like the Shoop da Whoop followed by a Basic Triple Time 6-Count Swing?

CountZero

Some go the full Partridge and see out their career in an ever descending spiral until they’re presenting the early morning show on some dire local commercial radio station for old people.

See: Chris Moyles – now to be found on some obscure digital radio station. Still as unfunny as he ever was, and far too much in love with the sound of his own voice.
    Unfortunately, my team leader and driver likes listening to him and Radio 1; I, on the other hand, feel my soul shrivelling away every minute I’m forced to listen to them. 😐

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ha ha, I’ve no love for Moyles, but I do like Radio X (after 10am anyway).

RE Mike Myers, never forget he’s Shrek, and made more than $10m for each one of them. No need to do anything he doesn’t want to do 😉

Cougar

Barrymore wins damages

Is that the name of his new show?

That comedian who used to say chase me. Duncan something?

Norvelle.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRt-58mwfQo[/video]

Google would suggest he had a stroke five years ago, but is now back touring. 😯

Cougar

It saddens me that Johnny Ball’s never on TV any more. He was a bit of a childhood hero of mine.

maccruiskeen

It saddens me that Johnny Ball’s never on TV any more. He was a bit of a childhood hero of mine.

Made me the man I am today. Still hard at work it seams but not broadcasting, seems to be doing a lot of public speaking- he was doing the rounds of TV interviews earlier this month though.

edlong
    Free Member

I like the ones you’ve forgotten were even famous in the first place.

Who’s old enough to remember Billy Pearce?

And the Grumbleweeds? To be fair, I think most of them are dead now.

chip
    Free Member

Don’t see as much of Bernie Clifton as you used too

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t see as much of Bernie Clifton as you used too

Thank ****.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Johnny Ball is 80 in 6 months, Dude’s retired hopefully!

tpbiker
    Free Member

so..

back on topic..jayne Middlemiss…whats she up to now, and have we worked out where she lives yet…?

SaxonRider

have we worked out where she lives yet?

Wow. That’s going a bit further than I was suggesting. 😯

P-Jay
    Free Member

Seems she sacked off the TV job to be a Yoga instructor.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And the Grumbleweeds? To be fair, I think most of them are dead now.

Yep, and the baron knights!

maccruiskeen

Johnny Ball is 80 in 6 months, Dude’s retired hopefully!

His dairy says otherwise – on Channel 5 next month. I read recently he doesn’t have any plans for retiring.

funkmasterp

Goddammit! The internet has let me down 🙁

Ten minutes wasted trying to find an image of Johnny Ball milking a cow, drinking milk or eating a yoghurt.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Steven Segal has a band he tours with. Did a uk tour. I heard he was a cop too?

Lee Hurst had some debilitating back issue I think

Dani Behr
    Bea Arthur from golden girls – dead?
    Abi Titmus
    Kramer from Seinfeld

P-Jay
    Free Member

“Abi Titmus”

Her 15 mins ran out a looooong time ago.

Last I saw her she was fronting one of those Babestation channels (misdialed looking for the BBC Parlement honest Guv). That must have been 10 years ago.

CountZero

Fred Titmus…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Whatever happened to… Abi Titmuss?

Abi changed her name and now famous in america…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Kramer from Seinfeld

Sums up his problem really, his name is Michael Richards but he’s just Kramer to everyone – it was a HUGE programme in the US and he almost stole the show which typecast him terribly, not helped by the fact the star of the show played himself and used his own name.

The 3 non-Jerry stars of Seinfeld all struggled to find new roles because they were so typecast, MR probably struggled the most as he had the most the lose – it could have almost been the Kramer show towards the end – the TV types tried to make a new programme for him which was all but a spin-off in feel but it was terrible and they cancelled it.

a few years later he was doing stand-up, he got heckled and / or annoyed about a large group of people who were loudly ordering drinks and stuff and spoiling it for the others – he and the group got into an argument, he tried to out play the group by becoming more outrageous but it was badly done and he stepped way over the line with a lot of terrible racist terms – if he had been Dave Chappelle it would have been funny, but he was a white, middle aged man so it really wasn’t – that’s not me saying how its “all so unfair we can’t use the N word, where’s Tommy Robinson to save us” but it’s a fact, he tried that approach and it was a terrible, terrible mistake, he’s not a racist, but he did a stupid thing and hasn’t done much since.

grtdkad

Johnny Ball hosted a (BBC?) documentary a couple of weeks ago about the history of fighting ageing!

A really compelling presenter to this day. Cracking bloke.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

P.J. and Duncan, one hit wonders who seem to have disappeared

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no idea what these guys are up to either

Garry_Lager

Dana Carvey stepped back from his career late 90s [good interview with him on the Norm show recently about it] to raise his family.
    Legit choice rather than an actorly excuse to not getting roles, as he was massively popular on SNL, offered the host of the tonight show etc.
    Also had some health issues – from his wiki:In 1997, Carvey underwent heart bypass surgery for a blocked coronary artery, but the surgeon operated on the wrong artery

funkmasterp

The one with the square face (on the right) is in Game of Thrones

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Robson Green spends all his time Fishing, and Jerome Flyne Game of Thrones…

bodgy
    Free Member

Mike Myers was on t’ box the other night – Ambassador for the Invictus Games. And a very moving speech he gave, too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sorry sarcasm fellas

involver
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

On the (very short) list of famous people I’ve met, Johnny Ball is at the top – met him when I was a kid and he was at the height of his celebrity, at some university thing. Lovely man.

salad_dodger

I see Jerome Flynn on a fairly regular basis doing his shopping in Hipster on Sea. Or St Davids as it used to be known.

maccruiskeen

They’re outfits suggest they we’re thinking about getting into painting and decorating.

Robson Green spends all his time Fishing

Oh its was Fishing. I thought he’d been keeping his hand in by filming entirely different extreme pursuits. Never watched the show but always wondered how they managed to broadcast it before the watershed

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQxiVUjQgk[/video]

niksnr
    Free Member

Justin Lee Collins?

perchypanther
    Free Member

keeping his hand in

I see what you did there. 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The entire cast of The Gladiators.
    Jet, now she was something else ….Hubba Hubba
    Warrior was part of a Liverpool underworld investigation that led to the sacking of some high ranking cops
    Not sure about the rest of them.
    Or Ulrika

tomhoward

Ulrika is currently on celeb mastechef. Doing quite well it seems.

P-Jay
    Free Member

niksnr – Member
    Justin Lee Collins?

Lost his marbles, became a total shitbag to his partner, totally obsessive – doing crazy stuff like making her throw out any DVDs featuring actors she ‘fancied’ and stuff like that. I think it came to a head when he got pissed up and half tried to throw her in front of a moving car and got convicted for it.

Totally at odds with his larger than life, happy go lucky image. Ruined his career.

I think he does the odd thing on obscure Internet Radio shows and TV channels in the 4 digit numbers on Sky etc.

I reckon he was nearer the end of his career than the start when he turned dickhead though, I quite liked him when he was fresh, but the joke wore thing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

niksnr – Member
    Justin Lee Collins?

Lost his marbles, became a total shitbag to his partner, totally obsessive – doing crazy stuff like making her throw out any DVDs featuring actors she ‘fancied’ and stuff like that. I think it came to a head when he got pissed up and half tried to throw her in front of a moving car and got convicted for it.

Totally at odds with his larger than life, happy go lucky image. Ruined his career.

I think he does the odd thing on obscure Internet Radio shows and TV channels in the 4 digit numbers on Sky etc.

I reckon he was nearer the end of his career than the start when he turned dickhead though, I quite liked him when he was fresh, but the joke wore thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Disappearing Celebrities’ is closed to new replies.