Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Disability living seems like easy money
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I have to give a positive review to the PIP thingy people, sorted my mum right out, give her a lift in the house and alsorts of aids that just make her life easier. She gets payments too.

I’ve no other experience of the PIP system, but it has worked for my mum.

I would say one thing though, she knew someone that knew how to properly fill out the forms though and helped her, so I guess that helped a lot.

Definitely took pressure right off her.

If she was alone, I doubt she’d even know the help was available to her. So I can see some good and bad in this.

I guess the defining line is whether you get an award or not. And that will make all the difference.

After the fact they are good, but if they are denying people help that genuinely need it, well that’s just out of order tbh, I hope no-one ever finds themselves out in the cold that way..

If that means a some people take advantage of the system, so we can ensure everyone gets the help they need, in a dignified manner. Well, so be it imo.

seosamh77
    Free Member

brassneck – Member
    Fraudulent types? 1/100 if that. Seems a decent return to me.

absolutely.

zanelad
    Free Member

Creeping into education too, Mrs B is a SENCO and often has to support families (as often the parents have issues that just weren’t acknowledged in their school days) to even get to the point they are considered for help. How many even then don’t get it is heartbreaking for her. It’s scary that there are tactics being developed to get it though an ATOS filter.

To be honest I didn’t recognise the child they were describing.

All true, but she certainly knew how to big it up.

Cougar

Fraudulent types? 1/100 if that. Seems a decent return to me.

I looked at some stats for (obviously estimated, how they do that gods only know) benefit fraud a few days ago. disability benefit fraud is the lowest of the lot, it’s like 0.5% IIRC.

miketually
    Free Member

Benefits fraud is in the order of half a percent, yes.

My wife helps to run the local food bank. They get up to 20 families each week. In the last few years, she’s only had one couple through that she thought were taking the piss with the Daily Mail stereotype brand new phones, PS4, etc.

ctk
    Free Member

It does boil ones piss doesn’t it.

Sorry to be poitical but Corbyn wants to support the weakest in society and he’s seen as a fruitloop, whereas the Tories are punishing the weakest to save pennies. As I say boils my piss.

Mr Overshoot your wife is so lucky to have you, I want to say congratulations for being such a top bloke.

A man rang into a 5Live phone in about his severly autistic son, he was basically wrestling with a teenage boy everyday. The boy went to the toilet wherever he stood, was aggressive etc (seriously as bad as you can imagine) and the dad just wanted some help looking after him because he was at the end of his tether. It was heartbreaking seriously. Wouldn’t it be good if we had a system that gave people all the help they need? Not just bare minimum. I know, magic money tree and all that. FFS. Maybe higher rate tax payers can have the option of a bit more tax or caring for a disabled/senile person once a week?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Benefits fraud costs the government about £1.3bn a year.

Quantative easing august, £475bn. hmmm..

I’ve got an idea, why don’t we just create money to help people. Send it direct to source rather than through the middlemen. Will most likely have a better economy boosting effect.

seosamh77
    Free Member

That £475bn is an interesting number btw.

£475bn/ 65million people – £7,307 quid. Essentially the level UBI would be set at if it ever happened.

PJM1974
    Free Member

…whereas the Tories are punishing the weakest to save pennies.

I think that it goes beyond saving a few pennies – I think that there’s a concerted effort to make the lives of poor and sick people a misery, the fact that it actually costs the country more is immaterial to those in power.

If I were a cynic, I’d think that they were trying to create a market for private sickness insurance which is yet another thing that poor people will have to pay for, which is fine because they all have an obesity epidemic anyway.

/cynic.

As I say boils my piss.

Mine too. I’d like to see IDS having to defend himself and his liberty in a court very soon.

jonba
    Free Member

She had help in filling out the claims form from a council worker who knew what to say, and what not to say.

Life’s just a game, you got to know the rules.

Pretty sure that is the same rule that google, amazon, facebook, starbucks etc. followed when they play.

Back on topic – you have a choice, pay some people who don’t deserve it or don’t pay some people who do…

dirkpitt74

It took my wife 3 years to get PIP sorted after she moved here from Jersey (Channel Islands – not NY as some idiot in benefits thought…) and told as she was ‘foreign’ she couldn’t apply for at least 12 months…..

My wife is permanent disabled from birth (spina bifida/paraplegic) and uses a wheelchair.

She was given so much incorrect info it was a joke. It wasn’t until we got pointed to a local charity that they stepped in and sorted all the crap out – the system is far from perfect, but when the people employed by them don’t even understand the system you’re on a hiding to nothing.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Bloody hell Mr OS.

All the best. And the same to the others on this thread doing the carer role.

This thread is badly titled.

zanelad
    Free Member

Pretty sure that is the same rule that google, amazon, facebook, starbucks etc. followed when they play.

Write better rules then.

funkmasterp

Has the OP actually been back since he started this? I’m hoping he confronted his neighbour and was eaten by her dog.

My heart goes out to those of you that are having to fight to get the help you clearly need and deserve. The system needs a bloody good overhaul

bearnecessities

The system is in a constant state of overhaul.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Disability living seems like easy money’ is closed to new replies.