Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dirty dog helmets on sports pursuit
  • alwhit
    Free Member

HI anybody know any thing about these helmets on sports pursuits DIRTY DOG
    look a bargain Australian I think ???
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/dirty-dog-jul15

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dirty dog sunnies are good.. Got 2 pairs.. Dunno about the helmets

v8ninety

Dunno, and can’t look. Stupid site is insisting I ‘join’ before I even get to look at the wares. BAD marketing, I’m out.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

after having had 4 sets of their sun glasses, they are decent looking products at knockdown prices.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Same thing has always bugged me too.

It’s like a shop with no windows and a sign saying ‘there’s some cheap stuff in here’ but with a doorman who won’t let me in unless I give him my name and address.

Nah, you’re alright.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Had a quick look……. it ‘s very subjective, of course, but I don’t like the way they look. Not great to buy a helmet without trying on first either.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worth signing up IMO, its part of their deal with suppliers to get better prices.

I wouldn’t buy a helmet without seeing it. You have to pay postage both ways.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Always a bit suspicious of stuff that appears on sports pursuit that i have never heard of yet has a massive range at huge discounts. Sports pursuit cannot be seen to sell anything at less than huge discount and a fair bit of their stuff for sale has that “officers club/sports direct” feel where you should totally ignore the ‘rrp’ and focus on the price asked on the day plus of course at least £4 postage as its sports pursuit.

I would be very surprised if dirty dog just suddenly acquired the tooling/moulding technology and started making their own helmets all off their own back.
    Like so many things bicycley these days, try trawling the sites of a couple of taiwanese or chinese helmet manufacturers and find out who makes them, who else they make them for and then you might find a bit more about them. Even some fairly hip brands sell some rebranded catalogue stuff at hip prices (*coughs*pdw*pedros*) If it is for sale in the uk it will at least have a proper safety test though. Will be better still if it is available in the states as iirc their standards are higher.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dirty dog helmets on sports pursuit’ is closed to new replies.