Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dirty Disco Front Mech Question…..????
  • enduroexpert
    Free Member

Mornin’

I have a Shimano 11sp groupset for my Dirty Disco but would rather not use the front mech “cable pulley” which On-One supply with the frame as it looks to be a bit of a crap catcher. So I’m looking to fit a top pull front mech instead. Problem is I can’t find a compatible Shimano front mech which is 11sp, 34.9mm Clamp & Top-Pull. I’m aware that SRAM & Campag do them but the ratio’s from the levers are way out so it wouldn’t work.

Does anyone know of a “work-round” for this or am I stuck with the little pulley system……?

Cheers

Johnny

sq225917
    Free Member

I run SRAM RED shifter and a Dura ace front mech with no issues on my road bike. You can mix and match them

BadlyWiredDog

I fitted one of the Shimano CX70 front mechs to my DD, eliminates the nasty pulley wheel and works fine with ten-speed. I don’t see why it wouldn’t also be okay with 11-speed, though obviously there are no guarantees.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

The cx 70 top pull mechs should be ideal.

porter_jamie

i used a cx70 mech on my DD and it is so much better than the stupid pulley. i dont know if it is compatible with your front sti but it if is, its a no brainer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dirty Disco Front Mech Question…..????’ is closed to new replies.