Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Dirty bike bag for estate car
  • orangeman5
    Free Member

Looking for something like the “Monster Duffbag” for transporting the fatbike in the back of the estate car. Can’t seem to find any other makers and Duffbag are not returning my e-mails. The bigger the better as the bike is monster size….. 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Mattress bag?
    I use a body bag

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Evoc do something like that

tomhughes46

I have a custom Rhino load liner. Really like it but in hindsight a B+Q tarpaulin would have been about £130 cheaper…

falkirk-mark
    scaled
    Free Member

One of those hippo skip bags lines my boot perfectly with the seats down

nant
    Free Member

I use a cheapo tarpaulin and wrap it like a present. Easy to clean and manipulate.

core

Orange TNT delivery sacks. x 2

wysiwyg
    Free Member

And if you’re not a licensed explosives dealer?

downshep

Old shower curtain. Big, cheap and waterproof.

jambalaya
    Free Member

After all the negative comments I was concerned about ordering a second Duffbag Monster but glad I did, not least as when I googled I could find nothing similar. As above those “nylon” tarpaulins or perhaos even those big old bags they deliver sand etc in ?

towzer

Can you find a correct size winter patio table/garden bench cover or garden bag. I just use a poly sheet

Holyzeus
    Free Member

That Monster Duffle bag is perfect for me, shame whats gone on

downs523
    Free Member

Just watched their video for the duff bag monster, looks like a good product but seems expensive for that it is.

zinger
    Free Member

I use an old car cover cut down to size – i just wheel the bike onto the cover , pull edges up and over to cover the bike up, it’s water proof so inside of boot stays dry no matter how wet the bike is

Something like this would probably do the job

http://www.diy.com/departments/full-water-resistant-car-cover/1238143_BQ.prd?gclid=COnWg5DZ_MkCFRUTGwodmu4Bbw&ppc_type=shopping&ecamp=SEAPLA1238143_BQ&ef_id=U3iOGgAABU3DPt9A:20151227184356:s

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I got one of these. Expensive but does the job really well.

http://www.boot-buddy.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYbc5yiHS8BzxZJYXc_od__qHYhK_SFsHW7sU3-Uyus8hoCiXTw_wcB

Quite hard plastic protects the car interior, easy to fit and 100% waterproof. Easy to get bike in and out to.

paulwf

I like the look of those Rhino liners as they fold up so I could put it in the spare wheel well.

Has anyone got the 2 part one? That would probably be more useful, but I wonder how well the second part attaches

growinglad
    Free Member

To look at a different angle…fill it up before you leave…you’ll still need something to lay your bike on, but a hell of a lot less mess….can pretty much clean the whole bike (normally left with a bit of mud on the tyres), and saves you from having to clean the bike when you get home

Greybeard
    Free Member

We have one of these with the extension for the folder down seats:
    http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/boot-liners

Not a bag but a boot liner – well made and seems robust. Happy to answer any questions on how it fits.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

That is the bees knees but with a price tag to match..

paulwf

I have a portable washer – I find it makes it worse as the bike is then dripping muddy water into the car!
    I have a towbar mounted bike rack, but sometimes I need to have the bike on the inside.

The hatchbag looks good, but the rhino liner looks as if it will protect the doors (the hatchbag states that it doesnt)

orangeman5
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, some good ideas to go look at, will keep me occupied for a few nights…. 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Dirty bike bag for estate car’ is closed to new replies.