Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • dirt road touring / bikepacking crete.. pics, surly ECR flavouring
  • chillipepper
    Free Member

trundling around the mountains of Crete at the mo on my ECR. thought i might share… https://mikesimagination.wordpress.com/2015/05/03/psiloritis-traverse/

Pickers

Fantastic pics there Mike, and how much snow??

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That looks really special.

I went to Crete a few years ago without a bike and was a a frustrated as hell seeing trails leading off to goodness knows where. Now we know. I fancy a jaunt back.

chillipepper
    Free Member

I’ve been wanting to find an opportunity to get here on two wheels for a while, always had a feeling it would be fantastic… And it is. It would be awesome on a cross bike too for exploring the dirt roads away from the high mountains. Haven’t got more than a couple weeks but have a feeling will be back before too long.

ampthill

I have done some touring in Crete. I think one day was off road

great shots, lovely to see

On a cross bike. Not for me I’d want bigger tyres and or suspension

1-shed
    Free Member

Good blog, the riding looks great.

ElShalimo

Nice blog, thanks for sharing

officerfriendly
    Free Member

The blog looks utterly amazing, the pictures are stunning. I can’t wait to read it all! As a recent owner of an ECR who’s bought it do exactly what you’re doing, it’s inspiring too. Thanks for sharing (:

takisawa2

Excellent blog, duly bookmarked. 🙂
    Nice bike too.

How does it fair over longer tarmac sections ?

simondbarnes

That looks great 🙂

chillipepper
    Free Member

hey, got some wifi so…the ECR on longer tarmac bits…. today was one of those, a mostly asphalt day with some dirt where poss. its ok, doesn’t cover ground as quickly as say my Thorn Nomad with marathon XRs but it is such a comfortable bike to ride that it rather encourages a just sit back and enjoy the scenery sort of a ride so the slower pace is not annoying at all. I wouldn’t plan to do 200km days on it but for this kind of exploration it is perfect and i cannot wait to head back to Andes with it although currently looking like a long cross country on it in Mongolia later this year. I love the thing 🙂

chillipepper
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘dirt road touring / bikepacking crete.. pics, surly ECR flavouring’ is closed to new replies.