Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dirt mag's rubbish website performance, why oh why?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Why would you let your website remain slow, buggy and with bad advertising responsiveness if you’ve thrown all of your eggs into the website-is-our-only-medium-from-now-on model??! It beggars belief. I love their editorial approach (apart from the terrible writing style of that Steve bloke), but I just can’t access it without sacking the site off every time. Grrrr over.

Trimix
    Free Member

Lack of customers means they cant afford to run it properly which results in a lack of customers.

dmck16
    Free Member

Stopped bothering with the website a while ago, then deleted them off my Facebook this week. Yes, there is the occasional good article, but you’ve got to filter through a tonne of crap.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I’ve done the same. Can’t be bothered with it anymore. It’s a shame as I liked the magazine and some of the articles on their website.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s all about page views and click through.You should see what Mpora did with the 2 windsurfing titles they bought (Boards and Boardseeker).And Ride Bmx.And Whitelines.And Snowboard Uk.And Dig.And Moto.

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t realise they had a website. I assumed it was just on bookface

hora
    Free Member

I’ve just been on the dirt wrbsite- the sheet/sliding ads. Is this a new thing? Seen a few sites with this. It’s annoying, STW please don’t go this way.

Dirt needs to copy pinkbike

honourablegeorge

When the content is so bad, who cares?

Their review of tht G19 Geomeotron – they compared the sie to a Mondraker. THen compared the sie to a Demo. Then talked abou thre size. No information whatoever about the ride, the suspension, the feel. Just the same, pointless shit about sizing over and over again. And all still written so badly hat Google Translate is sniggering in the background.

whitestone
    Free Member

“Written so badly” – Hmm, pot and kettle come to mind 🙄

honourablegeorge

🙂

Would hope they’re not writing their site content on a phone. Then again…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Steve Jones writes in crayon…..on toilet paper…..whilst on the loo.And holding his breath.

hora
    Free Member

Why not employ a bright English degree grad to proof read?

ART

For all its flaws I liked Dirt Mag. The website is horrid beyond belief & it’s hard to believe they still have readers.

Trimix
    Free Member

You dont need readers, just nice pictures people click on. Thats all it takes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Their review of tht G19 Geomeotron – they compared the sie to a Mondraker. THen compared the sie to a Demo. Then talked abou thre size. No information whatoever about the ride, the suspension, the feel.

I had similar thoughts, then twigged that they hadn’t ridden it. It was literally just a piece about the sizing.

Found it very interesting myself, and I think Steve Jones is always worth reading for his opinions on bike geometry and design. Can’t think of another reviewer who tells it like it is to the same extent.

The Facebook stuff can be a bit yoof-orientated, but the website’s got some decent content and the news guy James writes well IMO.

My main criticism of the site would be the confusing design, I think a single main linear content feed with sidebars would work better personally.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You don’t need readers, just nice pictures people click on. That’s all it takes.

This (one of my friends was editor for one of Mporas titles).

thepodge
    Free Member

I don’t find their advertising any worse than the ones on here.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dirt mag's rubbish website performance, why oh why?’ is closed to new replies.