Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dirt Jumps/ small trail in Hertford
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Driving to work today I found (well saw through the trees) what looked like some wee jumps and things built in the woods on the roadside, can anyone confirm that there is some jumps and stuff near the A10, Hertford.

tracknicko
    Free Member

most peeps don't want their (probably illegal) trails posted on an open website mate.

if it was me i'd be peeved.

go and look with your eyes!

GSuperstar
    Free Member

^Agree. Can a mod delete this post?

chakaping
    Free Member

Which bit of the A10? Visible from the road?

I've found some jumpy bits in the woods below Haileybury before but quite well hidden.

Slight hijack: Were any STWers night-riding in Broxbourne last night? We said hello to couple of bikers I didn't recognise going down Ermine Street bridleway.

tracknicko
    Free Member

^ genius

bungalistic
    Free Member

Fine, fine, delete it whatever, i'll just go look and if good i'll ride, I was just trying to make sure I wouldn't be trespassing on private land, no need to get in a huff.

tracknicko
    Free Member

no huffing here. just have a think before you highlight someone's hours of hard work on an open forum eh?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yep I've seen them sandwiched between B1502 and A10 and completely visible from the A10 so in no way cheeky really. Accessible from the B1502, opposite that small garden centre place ish, been there for a while iirc – maybe abandoned?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Thank you Bimbler, since they were visible I figured it wasn't too cheeky asking on a forum, I know of a few secret trails and generally I wouldn't mention them, but as you say these are pretty visible.

tails
    Free Member

bwoop bwoop bwoop forum police are after you!

jedi

the a10 jumps. hardly ever see anyone there these days. built by mark sutton of bikebiz.com (yes thats in hertford too)

🙂

timmys

Seeing as this location is so top secret you better track down and kill the author of this book because the jumps are listed in it;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Biking-Britain-Footprint-Travel/dp/1906098530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269545997&sr=1-1

jedi

the guy who's book it is hasn't given any money to the sites he publicises i bet

Bimbler
    Free Member

FWIW I think I saw some new jumps here when I passed it the other day, or maybe some that I'd never noticed before, so maybe not abandoned after all

stevomcd
    Free Member

the guy who's book it is hasn't given any money to the sites he publicises i bet

Did the guys who built the sites pay for the publicity? 😉

MrAgreeable

I have this book, and while I can understand why people might be annoyed at their secret spots being revealed, going by my area it seems that all of the places he lists aren't really that secret. He also clearly tells you whether they're official or not, and quite a few are flagged up as "not worth travelling a long way to". It's a book anyway, not something that's going to be read by more than a handful of people in this day and age. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dirt Jumps/ small trail in Hertford’ is closed to new replies.