Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Dirt DH Fantasy League
  • chakaping
    Free Member

what happened?

He’s probably thinking the same thing today, but then he did kind of fizzle out last season after he’d secured the overall – so it might not just be the bike.

Whatever the reason – this has gotta be the most exciting start to a series in years.

DPM

Hee hee – I’m winning at the moment. Not Too Shabby hit the big time 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what happened?
    Was thinking that last night when I got round to watching the replay.
    Simple answer – articulated about 1 in 3 riders by Warner was – He’s got serious, training, hard winter, lots of work etc.

Gwinn dominating last year has probably been the kick up the behind that a few guys needed.
    New challenge for Sam? he was looking on it in the national round I saw him at taking a clean sweep. Mick Hannah has been hitting the training and racing all winter down here.

The other factor is that Ft William is probably the toughest opening round for anyone carrying an injury to hold it together through so if somebody was carrying a knock that they were trying to keep under wraps then it would probably get exposed there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

In for the win… missed Ft. Billy though 🙁

All GBR Team.

chakaping
    Free Member

Simple answer – articulated about 1 in 3 riders by Warner was – He’s got serious, training, hard winter, lots of work etc.

Gwinn dominating last year has probably been the kick up the behind that a few guys needed.

So 19 riders are suddenly fitter than Gwin?

More likely it’s in his head, IMO.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ot-ooSDnCj4#![/video]
    The Sanitised Specialized PR version
    Not sorted on the bike, didn’t like the track, not ready, everyone else was on their game.

chakaping
    Free Member

Gee fastest in qualification at Val di Sole, Gwin second.

http://static.sportresult.com/federations/uci/CM/index.html

Then Stevie, Brook, Sam and Danny.

This could be even better than last weekend’s race.

warpcow
    Free Member

I knew last week was too good to be true. My top 3 all went down today.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Good stuff from the Athertons , at least ONE of my team got a podium again .Cheers Stevie!

MSP

Well I am pretty happy I had both the Atherton’s in my team for both races.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

wow, I’m second!

MSP

Well done being first of the losers 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Worst week ever.

The P45s are gonna be flying thick and fast before Vallnord.

chakaping
    Free Member

Who’s got Sam Hill in their team then?

He just went quickest in qualifying. Then Greg, then Gee.

warpcow
    Free Member

Well don’t I look stupid swapping out Hill for McDonald after round 2 and then missing McDonald’s injury in the break. Not too bad over all though. Villegas earned his keep this week and Carpenter was strong, as usual.

cookeaa

I had a “steady” scoring round from all my riders, not earth shattering, but I am now a few places further up the league than I was, I’m tempted to leave the team as is for MSA, especially as I’ve got Stevie Smith and I reckon he’ll pull out all the stops for his home round, and he’s the 2nd placed man overall after Gee, I may even leave the team for the World Champs…

I notice they’ve changed the format a tad from the last couple of years where you nominated one rider who’s score would be doubled at the World champs any more, I quite liked that as it tended to mix the table up a little, especially if there were some unexpected results, now it’s just another round, I think the top of the tables will probably stay more or less as they are now…

How many people have ditched Gwin by now?

I’d love to see Hill (not in my fantasy team) clamber up a couple of places into the top 3 by the end of the season (He’s curently holding 5th and he’s which is where he finished last season) and leave Gwin (who displaced him from Specialized) floundering in 11th… That’d learn the buggers!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Another poor week for me. My swapping Danny Hart for Steve Smith wasn’t a bad move I guess, but I only found out Brook was hurt too late.

Tempting to sub Hill in, as I’m rooting for him anyway and he’s won at MSA before. Hmmm.

I imagine with MSA being a bit less technical that we’ll see a more “normal” podium. There’s just so many strong contenders now though. It’s bloody brilliant.

chakaping
    Free Member

Stevie’s looking good in timed practice…
    http://dirt.mpora.com/news/stevie-smith-goes-fastest-at-msa-in-timed-practice-full-results.html

Feels like its wide open this round.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tweak your teams before the big finale this weekend.

I’ve managed to creep back up to 4th from a mid-table start, using my astounding tactical nous – so there’s still all to play for.

flyingmonkeycorps

Just joined! After an awesome first round I tailed off a bit, not least because I keep forgetting to change my team…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just noticed the STW league is top of the Private Leagues league for the Enduro, but 12 for the DH. Must try harder next year 😛

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m fourth or fifth overall in the Dirt Fantasy Enduro – tantalisingly close to winning a new Pike!

I think the league championship is cumulative points, not averaged against number of teams. So the bigger leagues have an instant advantage.

willej

So, how did everyone do? I came in 335th overall and 5th in the STW league 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

265th overall, 4th in stw league.

But I won my mates’ league at least.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Came second in STW league! What do I win?

kimbers

16th in the stw league

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Dirt DH Fantasy League’ is closed to new replies.