Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dirt 100
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Cant afford a new bike is the only conclusion that i can draw.
    The shine of the new bikes is completely dulled by how much they cost.

crankrider
    Free Member

Is it in the shops yet or do you subscribe?

I can imagine what full bikes were chosen and the price point….

cloudnine
    Free Member

I have a sub which i cancelled last year but they keep sending me the magazine.

crankrider
    Free Member

Will wait until monday to take a look then, i imagine its sc bronson, v10, yt capra, rs pike, boxxer, fox 36…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Hopefully it’s waiting for me when I get home – given the narrative and advertising in recent issues, I fully expect YT to be heavily represented…. 😉

bikeneil
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member

Can you type us a list? :mrgreen:

stevede
    Free Member

Mine sub copy arrived today. A day behind when it was in the shops as normal! Subscribers perks…

raisinhat
    Free Member

It’s a celebration of the absolute best stuff you can buy in mountain biking, duh it’s all expensive. What were you expecting? I don’t want to read WMB’s top 100 best value sensible and dull components where they blather about how deore is really very good or why a genesis hardtail is all the bike you will ever need. It might be true, but I want to drool and lust after the shiniest most high-performance kit that can possibly be made and dream about one day owning that carbon superbike. I read it to indulge my fantasies, and see what technology and trick bits will eventually reach a price that I can afford.

crankrider
    Free Member

Dont feel too annoyed – our local smiths doesnt have it yet…

samcamsdad

Picked up a copy yesterday in my local newsagent.
    Specialized have done well, getting three bikes in the mag, but they cost £7000 each! Utter madness.
    No santa cruz though, will everyone be selling their bronsons now?
    Still a good read though.

AlexSimon

No newmad? I’m surprised

kimbers

no santa cruz, jonsey was never a fan of the bronson,- he passionately hates short bikes! they reviewed the newmad recently and said it was good, if not quite as good as some others; capra, enduro sworks, rallon, process etc I still thought it might have made it into the 100

it is all quite pricey though they do point out that pikes can be had for less than 1/2 rrp of the new 36s but were almost as good
    they also rate zee

phutphutend

No real significant changes from last year! Bit of an anti climax…

LoCo
    Free Member

Enjoyed reading it last might, and nice to see they agreed that the 2015 36s are ace having had a set for last couple of months. 8)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I am surprised no SCs in it, that’s the second year in a row (possibly more but can’t remember that far back). I’m an SC fan boy though so therefore call foul play.

Speeder

It’s an interesting read but I am pretty shocked by what seems like a 50% hike in prices of the top line stuff over the last 4-5 years. The scariest of those is Specialized who are charging XTR/King/ Enve build prices for own brand builds. Really can’t make sense of that.

One thing I dont get about the magazine though is why they still haven’t put weights on all the components. Surely it’s a given?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dirt 100’ is closed to new replies.