Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Directional tyre on the wrong way round……..
  • bigblackshed

Will I die?

Running Panracer something or other tyres on Sun something or other rims ghetto tubeless. (BMX tube and Slime fluid). Had a proper, decent sized No 8 screw in the tyre, so had to remove the tyre to plug the hole. What a mess! Anyway, all repaired, tyre back on, seated first time with a compressor, (not mine, so would involve another car trip), valve out, new fluid in, squirty mess whilst it sealed, all tickitty boo.

Getting ready for a ride today and just noticed the directional tyre is on the wrong way round. OK if it was on the back, but it’s on the front. No time to change it. So the big question. Will I die?

TheFopster
    Free Member

No. You may however skid about a bit. Use it as a chance to brush up your bike control skillz?

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m yet to be convinced that it matters in the slightest 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Some tyres are directional, in the sense that the tread will present itself totally differently eg Maxxis High Rollers but most are no different,
    I rarely look to see what it says most times before fitting

bigblackshed

Right. I’m off out. I’ll report back later. If I don’t die. 😕

njee20
    Free Member

Bigger concern I’d have is for Panaracer’s propensity to blow off the rim.

psling
    Free Member

You’ll probably get sprayed in more sh1t than usual, the tyre will clog up more than usual with mud and it’ll dig in more. Depending on the tyre of course. And the ground conditions. 8)

You could always turn the wheel around and run without a front brake… 😯

gnusmas

You could always turn the wheel around and run without a front brake…

That’s what i was going to say 8)

zerocool

You will probably not notice any difference at all

bigblackshed

I’m back and not dead. It was a tad wet and slippy out there. Not sure if the tyre made any difference TBH. I think the rain and mud did that all on their own.

Never had a problem with Panracers. Even at low pressure. Not silly low, because I’m a fat heffer, anything below 20psi and the tyre may as well have no air in it. Not sure if the ghetto tubeless actually helps, with the cut inner tube giving the tyre something to grip to on the rim. Not sure, but it works well enough.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ran my cross mark the wrong way round

It was awful and there was no grip in the mud ie it made no difference

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Directional tyre on the wrong way round……..’ is closed to new replies.