Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Direct mount X01 chainring 6mm offset chainline????
  • coblck
    Free Member

Hi i have ordered a new direct mount chainring to fit my x01 cranks, i have ordered one with 6mm offset which is supposed to be for the longer axle version of the cranks but mine has the short axle version which requires 0 offset ring.

my question is will it run ok chainline wise on my stumpy 29er fsr frame or will i need to get a 0 offset one which unless i buy sram are hard to find. Has anyone running 6mm offset one on there short spindle cranks ???

coblck
    Free Member

Anyone from the evening crowd

DeeW
    Free Member

Not done this, but obviously all it is going to do is place the chainring 6mm inboard.

Chainline in small sprocket won’t be great, but probably perfectly useable. Chainline in big sprocket will be better!

Might foul on chainstay, even downtube, probably won’t be able to use a chain guide or taco.

Tracey

Running a 0 deg 30T Chromag on my 650b Enduro, X0 cranks, and its very close to the chain stay. I wouldnt get away with it been any nearer. 6mm would definitely foul on mine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Direct mount X01 chainring 6mm offset chainline????’ is closed to new replies.